Ryan Dunn 'jackass' dies in crash

-
I thought he was pretty funny. But like commented earlier "live like a jack *** die like a jack ***. I have no sympathy for drunk drivers, the fact he was doing it pissed me off. As far as the passenger goes there's nothing to say that he wasn't 4 sheets to the wind not 3 anddidnt know what was going on. Just goes to show that picking your friends is important.
Screw him, R.I.P the gt3. Glad he didn't take a car with innocent people on the road as collateral.

No kidding man. What kind of person would take a shot at a man who has lost half his face due to a disease? That earlier comment by another poster was idiotic at best.

lol, If we were in Soviet Russia I would ban his plastic perma smile from public tv.

Not sure I see the difference, cancer survivor (Roger Ebert) makes fun of a person who is dead and burned up and thats cool? If he can dish it then he can take some too.

Just puttin that out there.

\\:D/

lol, If we were in Soviet Russia I would ban his plastic perma smile from public tv.

Not sure I see the difference, cancer survivor (Roger Ebert) makes fun of a person who is dead and burned up and thats cool? If he can dish it then he can take some too.

Just puttin that out there.

\\:D/

They sell one way plane tickets to Russia if ya want to ban him.
Big difference between getting cancer and drunk driving....all about the choices and the consequences of those choices. Not that I am a fan of Ebert, but he didnt choose cancer, Jackass chose to drink, drive and speed. If you do that you are fair game for criticism....alive or dead

the asshole was busted for drunk driving in 2005. you would think after the first time he would have learned a lesson. this time he paid for it with his life. shame he took someone else with him too.

goodnight sweet prince..

the_hangover_movie_image_zach_galifianakis.jpg

goodnight sweet prince..

the_hangover_movie_image_zach_galifianakis.jpg

Thats zac ghalafanakis or however the heck he spells his name lol.

they just updated the report and now they are saying he was driving 130 mph in a 55 zone when he crashed.

They were in one of these newer cars trying to go fast. Lost control and the car blew up.

I lost control before, car didn't blow up. Mine was a 1970 model.

The old cars were made stronger, sure folks still got killed in them.

Maybe he still would have been killed but both, I don't think so.

Yep, they should have been in an updated pre 1980 model car, IMO

New sport cars look cool, makes you a chick magnet but gives you no second chance if you screw up

2007 Porsche 911 GT3 was the car.

Well those car are one of the few truly fast new cars out there, how fast were they going, LOL

Still, I would feel safer in a nice 1970 Challenger

They were in one of these newer cars trying to go fast. Lost control and the car blew up.

I lost control before, car didn't blow up. Mine was a 1970 model.

The old cars were made stronger, sure folks still got killed in them.

Maybe he still would have been killed but both, I don't think so.

Yep, they should have been in an updated pre 1980 model car, IMO

New sport cars look cool, makes you a chick magnet but gives you no second chance if you screw up

Get going over 100 mph, smash through a guard rail and into a bunch of trees.

You will be just as dead in an old car as you would be in a new car.

http://scoop.today.com/_news/2011/0...ars-blood-alcohol-level-twice-the-legal-limit

West Goshen Township police say toxicology results released Wednesday showed that Dunn had a blood-alcohol level of 0.196, well over the state's legal limit of .08. Coroner reports released Tuesday said full toxicology results would not be available for 4-6 weeks. But the blood-alcohol level was released and attributed to police in online reports Wednesday afternoon.

In the 13 years before his death, Dunn, 34, was cited at least 23 times, including 10 stops for speeding and careless driving, and three more for driving with a suspended license, according to a report on Philly.com

Among those violations was a 2005 DUI arrest; charges were dropped when Dunn completed a probationary program that included the suspension of his license for more than a year, according to court records.

my sympathy for his family and friends and for all involved plus the passengers family and friends but drinking and high speed will kill you its been proven over and over. so learn from this if you can please take care folks

If he only took himself out, fine. But he took out his friend too. Truly, a jackass. I do feel bad for the families.

Well here is the short of it from CNN:

"The initial crash reconstruction investigation determined that Mr. Dunn's vehicle was traveling between 132-140 mph at the time of the collision," West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll said in a statement Wednesday.

Toxicology testing by the coroner indicated Dunn's blood alcohol concentration was 0.196%, which is more than twice the legal state limit of 0.08, Carroll said.

My last dui I had a bac of .18... and thats just beer drinking while installing a motor.
I felt fine, no swerving in my step and drove fine......to bad I didnt tighten the oil filter plate enough because it leaked onto the header and make a smoke screen....I was pulled over for a smoking vehichle.

Thats a surprise (sarcasm). I have yet, in my ten years doing my job, to respond to a traffic collision after 10 pm and not have alcohol involved. In SoCal its an epidemic and it kills innocent people every day. I am glad he didn't take an innocent family with him. Play with Fire and get burned. What a waste.

My prayers out to him and his family...we have all done stupid stuff. I have, and have been lucky to not get dead over it.

In my opinion, if you get busted for ONE DUI you should lose your license and have to do mandatory community service AND forfeit some pay every month for a while (money going into paying for costs related to drunk driving) for several YEARS. Not months. Not a year. Make it a crime that you dont WANT to get busted for, not one that you will likely get slapped on the hand for after 1, 2 or even 10 times. Make it hurt.

Look....Most of us have managed to live many years without getting arrested for DUI ...in fact, I would venture to say that many of us here have never been arrested for anything at ALL. Many, like me, accomplish that by not drinking at all and by controlling my actions.

Others choose to take the chance and put not only their life but also my and your life on the line. Lucky for them if they don't get caught. The ones that DO get caught, well, you haft figure that they do it all the time in order to get caught. I suppose some folks get caught the very first time they drink and drive, but that I would bet is rare if the truth be told.

So getting caught once pretty much says that that person has been doing it all along. So why go easy on them?

Nail them to the cross and make them pay for even considering taking someone else's life, let alone their own, with such triviality. Treat like murder with no possibility of getting off easy.

Maybe then people would take avoiding drinking and driving seriously.

Until then , most repeat offending drunks dont care...they get a good sleazy lawyer and pay the fines and get out to do it again.

1 year suspended license. Big whoop.

Well, once again the system has failed and two lives are gone.

Like someone else said, Darwinism comes into play here. That show Jackass sort of points to the lack of self-preservation he had for himself anyways.

Thinking you are invincible is like signing your own death sentence.

Like the show "1,000 ways to die" says ...we are all just a step or two away from death at any minute.

He obviously liked playing with fire. Well, it caught up to him.

Its surprising more of us aren't dead as dumb as some of us are....I have seen some really stupid people do some really stupid things. :cwm10:

My last dui I had a bac of .18... and thats just beer drinking while installing a motor.
I felt fine, no swerving in my step and drove fine......to bad I didnt tighten the oil filter plate enough because it leaked onto the header and make a smoke screen....I was pulled over for a smoking vehichle.

well you know before so many women started driving and then the blood alcohol had to be reduced (can't have one limit for males and a lower limit for females--we are equals, lol)

well .15 was drunk and .1 was impaired. so don't read so much in to this he was over twice the limit

blame the speed and that car more. they mights had lost control if they were 100% sober...what shape was the road in, the USA has some pretty rough roads, even in 55 mph zones.

I hit a bump once on a curve at speed (around 80) lost control, how i ended up in hospital for 19 daysi might had died if they didn't get me there in 15 mins.yep now of days it takes them 30 mins just to get you out of a wreck car.

sure it was his fault and he was a jackass, i heard he shoved a toy car up his butt and went to the doctor claiming he passed out at the party, how he started off, what a jerk

remember trying to keep your bumper even with the cars bumper ahead of your car ?

remember saying/praying if you make it home, you never drive this drunk again?

remember throwing up out the window at the stop light?

well i remember 2 out of the 3, lol

stuff happens, i feel sorry for all who died. I mean he wasn't like that jerk in NY who shot and killed 4 people at a drug store.

Why doesn't EVERY car come with alcohol detectors, it could be done.

I haven't drove drunk in over 20 years. Haven't smoke weed while driving in over 10 years. Likely never will do either again and certainly not with some other guy--not even a chick in the car with me.

But I still put more blame on the speed of the car and the shape of the road. These newer sport cars take the bumps awful at speed..those low profile tires are like driving on rails, one bump and the car can skid out of control

The guy is dead and his passenger wasn't dragged in to that car. Let them rest in peace

Ah I don't know if any of you actually know this but here's a NEWS FLASH! New cars are safer than old cars!!! OK carry on...

-
Back