S.O.S.-How do i put on this sway bar!?! AHHH!!!

-

dusterdan

Sublime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.....so i have attached some pics of the DRIVER SIDE front lip of my k-member and the new sway bar tabs that i have welded onto my LCA's (new to my car but oem pieces). They are welded in exactly the right places as i compared them to a factory tabbed set but what i cannot figure out is where the heck am i supposed to mount the bar to the k-member??? QUESTION OF THE HOUR: ARE SLANT SIX K-MEMBERS PHYSICALLY SHORTER FROM FRONT TO BACK THAN V8 K-MEMBERS? This is a /6 piece and the addco 150 bar appears to be "too long" if that makes any sense. Perhaps a few of ya'll can include pics of where you mounted your bar AND your endlinks... please tell me which end link studs i should use because addco sent me both (one set a year ago and one a week ago, both supposedly correct for this bar) what the heck!? Thanks so much! -Dan

Attachments

• Dec2011CarParts 001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Dec2011CarParts 002.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Dec2011CarParts 003.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 285
On 67-72s, the mounting brackets attach to the forward K member pinch flange, should be a couple of holes already there. Easy enough to put your own in otherwise.

Dusterdan,

Check out this thread posted a few weeks ago: “Anti Sway Bar”

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=168372&page=2It

It shows how an Addco bar is mounted. The photos show the angle iron bolted to LCA using bottom shock bolt. Attachment to K member is made by angle iron bolted to factory mounting hole, and flat steel plate that bushing bolt onto.

In post #33 I have a link showing how I improved the Addco front mounting method and why it now works much better. It is a bolt on factory like mounting bracket made by another sway bar company that utilizes two factory K member mounting holes, and one additional hole that needs to be drilled in K member.

To answer your question, the 6 cyl and 8 cyl K-members are dimensionally the same. The only difference is the engine stands. All the Addco bars I've seen in the past were sub-standard, mainly in design, but also in the link rods. The early ones would bend like a pretzel under hard cornering. Maybe the later, big link bolt they sent you will hold up better. I still don't like their angles though. If it were me, I'd get the Hellwig setup. Excellent quality and geometry.

wajajr, thank you that link has some great pics! Thanks everybody else for your insight i will be taking it on tomorrow morning, wish me the best, -Dan:mrgreen:

-
Back