???'s on stage lV heads-pro-cons

-

rbdart

Reaction score
Anybody used them,know much about them?the pros and cons versus reworked factory castings,915-906-452-346-516's...I know they were 86cc had raised port design,what kind of flow #'s,chamber design etc...

They are much like a factory iron 452 head. My dad used them ported on a 12.5:1 440 with a solid roller cam and made 630 HP. We used the ported 452 heads on a 9.7:1 452 with a solid roller cam and made 621 HP.

The Stage V is similar to the 906 and the Stage IV is similar to the 452. Both Stage IV & V have open combustion chambers, just like the 452 & 906.

You're hoping against hope. There is a good reason they stopped making them 30 years ago. They weren't that good.

I wasnt hoping for anything just curious what they were like in comparision to factory 906-452's which I assumed were just as good reworked as the stage4&5's if not better cost wise,had no intention of ever using a set fact is I've never seen a set,was to why I was inquiring on them simply for info,I will be using the 906's I have and if I was to change to something else would be edelbrocks..but for what I intend to do the 906's I have will suffice just fine,but I always try to knowledge myself on stuff chyrsler used and experimented with and the results...and common sense dictates if they were that good they would still make them...not discounting your input at all,in fact I appreciate your experience and input and have asked you for it previously which I intend on heeding...was just reading some material on the stage 4 stuff and was wondering about their functions at the time...

-
Back