Sacramento machine shops?

-

Nappa82

Reaction score
Im looking for a good machine shop here in Sacramento and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Or if I should use a machine shop to rebuild the head for me at all.

Manifold studs need to be replaced. Last owner used a heli-coil where a stud used to be and had put a bolt in it that no longer fits. Bad exhaust leaks from the gasket. Not going to put a new one on till studs are fixed otherwise its a waste. Not sure on how hard it is to replace these.

Valve tick on #6 is really loud in idle and also while excellerating. Doesnt tick to loud while at a steady speed. I don't know anything about the valves other than how to adjust them at this point.

The engine has started to die after getting up to operating temp and stopped at a stop light or in traffic.... Stals itself out. Not sure if the exhaust leak is super heating the intake and evaporating all the gas or whats going on.

If anyone has any advise im all ears... or eyes..

EDIT: 225/6 3.7 vin C

since the the /6 is a solid lifter set the clearence on #6 and it should not tick .are you sure the tick is not an exhaust leak?

I've used Nathan Gerolomy at Horsepower by Gerolomy on my 340 and my 318 builds, good dude. Not a Mopar shop per se, but Nathan knows what he's doing.

They're at 4046 Wayside Lane in Carmichael. You can PM me for a contact # if you want.

Not sure if that's what you need, although they could definitely fix the exhaust studs for you. Rest of it sounds like a tuning issue. What's the compression check look like? Has the carb ever been rebuilt? Points or electronic ignition?

since the the /6 is a solid lifter set the clearence on #6 and it should not tick .are you sure the tick is not an exhaust leak?

The leak is exactly in front of #6.. Would this cause it to tick?

72bluNblu

I've used Nathan Gerolomy at Horsepower by Gerolomy on my 340 and my 318 builds, good dude. Not a Mopar shop per se, but Nathan knows what he's doing.

They're at 4046 Wayside Lane in Carmichael. You can PM me for a contact # if you want.

Not sure if that's what you need, although they could definitely fix the exhaust studs for you. Rest of it sounds like a tuning issue. What's the compression check look like? Has the carb ever been rebuilt? Points or electronic ignition?

I think I will start with the manifold studs and check the compression after they are fixed. I should do a carb rebuild as well while the studs are getting fixed. I am running points.

I've had good luck with the machine shop below the Carquest in Greenback Lane in Orangevale and the shop associated with Riebes Napa AutoParts on Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights. I've only had them help push in and out suspension parts, but they both seem to be knowledgable.

I've had good luck with the machine shop below the Carquest in Greenback Lane in Orangevale and the shop associated with Riebes Napa AutoParts on Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights. I've only had them help push in and out suspension parts, but they both seem to be knowledgable.

I will try to look into this. If the weather holds out I might just tackle the studs myself today and see how she runs after. Thanks for the info.

I have dealt with Bill Sykes at the Napa/Riebes in Citrus Hts. Good guy and fair prices. He has done almost all of my suspension bushing work since 1989.
As far as engine machine work, I use Rick at Vic's harbor machine in West Sacto. He is a knowledgeable Mopar guy and of all the engine work I have done since 1999, he has been the only machinist that I trust.

I have dealt with Bill Sykes at the Napa/Riebes in Citrus Hts. Good guy and fair prices. He has done almost all of my suspension bushing work since 1989.
As far as engine machine work, I use Rick at Vic's harbor machine in West Sacto. He is a knowledgeable Mopar guy and of all the engine work I have done since 1999, he has been the only machinist that I trust.

Sweet thanks for the info I will be looking these up as well.

I ended up pulling the manifolds off last night and took out one of the studs rather easily using the double nut idea. Going to try and find matching studs today and put them in tonight. If all goes well I should be able to do a compression test tomorrow evening.

-
Back