Sad Day

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Well I am sad to report that as of yesterday, I am no longer the owner of my 1969 Dart GT. A lot of blood, sweat and tears (and money) went into making this project what I wanted it to be nearly 10 years ago. This is the only car I have ever loved that I owned personally. My daughter grew up with this car - she was a little girl when I bought it and now she is driving herself. It seemed appropriate to let her take it out on our last ride (she had never driven it before). This was a gut wrenching decision, but I made it because it allows me to now go after my dream car - 69 Road Runner.

I hope you guys will allow me to still patrol the forums on FABO. I have a suspicion I may be back in an A-body one day, since I have a new found love for them.

IMG_8293.JPG

IMG_8296.JPG

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8305.JPG

IMG_8310.JPG

IMG_8298.JPG

Last edited:
Ewwwwwwww...... I hope you don't have seller's remorse! Although I will say I love the '69 RR, in your case your daughter didn't grow up with it.
Also, if you sold it out of "need", that makes it sad. When you sell it out of "desire for another" - it's not all that sad.... just "sorry to see it go". Just say'n. But for sure, stick around. :)

My daughter grew up with this car - she was a little girl when I bought it and now she is driving herself. It seemed appropriate to let her take it out on our last ride (she had never driven it before). This was a gut wrenching decision, but I made it because it allows me to now go after my dream car - 69 Road Runner.
I know how you feel....it is a sad day....but one you will soon look back on with fond memories. My first son was born only 4 weeks after I first showed my '70 GTX at a Concours Show. As a baby he loved looking at 'Daddy's purple car"....and I had hoped one day to pass it on to him. Sadly I needed to make room, and free up money for projects at home. Cars take a back seat when other family priorities come up.
You'll get your '69 RR one day....and it will be worth the wait. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Nice car, you should have given it to your daughter, she looks good behind the wheel.

Nice car, you should have given it to your daughter, she looks good behind the wheel.

You are not the first person to share this sentiment, but truthfully, she has a dream car that is not the Dart. As for her driving, I promised her I would let her get the chance before it was gone - it just happened to be the last day we had it. It actually spooked her a little because old Mopar power steering isn't like new car power steering.

I know how you feel....it is a sad day....but one you will soon look back on with fond memories. My first son was born only 4 weeks after I first showed my '70 GTX at a Concours Show. As a baby he loved looking at 'Daddy's purple car"....and I had hoped one day to pass it on to him. Sadly I needed to make room, and free up money for projects at home. Cars take a back seat when other family priorities come up.
You'll get your '69 RR one day....and it will be worth the wait. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

I won't have to wait long on my Road Runner. I am going to close the deal on it this Friday.

I sold my 45,000 mile Dart Sport years ago. It killed me until I bought my 69 Roadrunner a few weeks later.

You have a very nice car but a beautiful daughter. You did what I want, bought your dream car.
By the looks of it your still a young guy and you can always get another A body in the future
Funny thing, I have a B body, but if I bought another Mopar it would be a 69-70 A body

-
Back