Sad! Loss of a Car.

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
Today I am really beginning to miss my Darts. I miss Clara but I really am missing Fern. It is like loosing a member of the family. I am excited about Daisy Delilah (74 Swinger) I just got but feeling a little melachony today. Silly, I know. Maybe it will get better when I get to start driving my car or even Baby.
:cry::cry::cry:

Today I am really beginning to miss my Darts. I miss Clara but I really am missing Fern. It is like loosing a member of the family. I am excited about Daisy Delilah (74 Swinger) I just got but feeling a little melachony today. Silly, I know. Maybe it will get better when I get to start driving my car or even Baby.

you really need to seek out professional help~ :tongue9:

Nothing wrong with missing a car. I know you're happy it at a good home. It will get easier with time. Now ask me how I miss my 70 GTO Judge that was stolen from me by a family member over 30 years ago. ](*,)

It's hard when you sell a car you put so much love in and it is perfectly normal Betty 8), I hope your dart get's on the road soon and thing will brighten up for you soon hun :cheers:
I enjoy watching yall build and name your car's :love7: As you know Victoria is my girl and she keeps me happy, I don't even want to think how I would feel if she was hurt bad and taken out of my life.
Stand tall and look forward at the day you will be back on the road again :cheers:

Yes, I remember another post by you not long ago about missing another car that was just sold. It ain't easy at first, but I see it went to a good home and loving new owners, so you can rest assured it's being taken good care of. Many cars will come and go, and no car can take the place of another, but that doesn't mean you can't love the next one just as much, while still remembering the great times you had with the ones you passed along!!. I know you're gonna love the new 74!!! Enjoy the day, and the memories!!! Geof

Cheer up ABB!!! DANG!!!!
I've ran myself ragged in you swinger today pricing tires at 5 places.
Filled her tank completely with shell V Power Premo.
Checked oil, rad coolant level. Topped off tranny with that 1/2 quart it was missing. I just came in from outside to mix a bucket of car wash to give your sweet swinger a fresh bath and do all the windows and wipe down interior too. After that start on the tune up too, Just so you can drive it or my Baby today after work for your appointment. By the time you get out of work it will be sunny and 50, the swinger will be fresh as a ......
(FABO, wait for it....wait for it....)
Fresh as a Daisy!:toothy4: LMAO!! And work it off too!!
So quit feeling sorry for poor old ABB.

Just look at Ferns new pics from ABodyGranny, you know she loves being queen bee there instead of beeing the workhorse here!!!
Check the welcome wagon thread, Heck! That dang car is smiling:-D in that pic of her at her new house. Fern don't even remember who we are now! LOL!!
I'm the one who should be sad, even if we drove her the same amount, I still had another 1000 hours of up close and personal time with her that you wern't around for!! Heck on the ABB scale, I should be checking into the methadone clinic for total withdraw!!!:angry7:
We can't keep all the 4 Door Darts that I want to save from parting and scrapping!!! (We still have a house payment every month I have to hit)
It's alot of work maintaining a fleet of driver show cars, JEZZ!!!:toothy10:
I'm glad we only got 3 right now again.
Oh by the way, I got my eye on 2 more Darts already, a 64 2 door post 273 Auto and a 74 4 door slanty.
Don't forget the 3 Nash Metropolitan cars Me, You, FABO, and the
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:
thread will go and look at on Wed. night.

Cheer up Babe, it could be alot worse!! We know this!!!8)

Lighten up ABB!! Life's way too short!:clock:

Fern loves her new family alot. They love her too.
Now there are more FABO members too!
I'm sorry but I don't think it could have tuned out much better.
I'm starting to get a good karma warm fuzzy just thinking about it.

OK, enough pep talk ABB, get back to work!!8)

It just keeps getting better round here!!

Hey ABB & FABO;
I just got a new friend request from Fern's new Dad!!!
Looks like he's going to go by "Dr. Dart"!!:cheers:
Could it get any better than that?? 2 new members with the same Fern!8)

Going over to the welcome wagon now, then out to wash Double D!

Thanks you guys feel much better know. Got to drive Daisy Delilah today. It was great! I am happy that Fern is with such great new parents who love her! That is what's important. Can't wait to drive Daisy again. I had a truck load of guys slow up along side of me just to wave at me. Well not me but at the car.

A Body Betty,

Don't feel too odd. I am quite sentimental about my iron warriors...in fact, it explains why my collection (of 12 cars) is not really a collection, but rather an accumulation! I rarely part with one of my foot soldiers...still have my 1st car.

So enjoy your new wheels, but don't think you're off base....of course, I could be off base too...

Ya'll are welcome to come see Fern any time you want. We will meet up at some car shows this summer!
=D>:toothy8:=D>

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyarcp5LtU"]Scorpions - Still Loving You ( lyrics ) - YouTube[/ame]

Cheer up ABB.
Fern is back home again now!!
Back where she belongs.
So drive her to work today and cheer up!

If anyone wants to see her 1st arrival and transformation repairs, her whole story can be seen in her thread here;
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=77304&highlight=1975+Dodge+Dart

There's no one like you!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGOSo-S2Y58"]YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 286
That's real nice. With all the loss Anna's had, maybe this will make her feel better. I sure hope so.

AbodyBetty lost her mother and her dog within two weeks of each other this year. I would think yall could be a little more understanding.

My condolences for those losses, and no disrespect is meant in that regard.

This thread doesn't mention any of that, though, it's about cars. There's no need to over dramatize things.

You got Fern back after all!

This hardly ever happens...Fern must be happy to be back with the people who took so much of their time and effort to save her...and now you can enjoy the result of your hard work....yay!

My condolences for those losses, and no disrespect is meant in that regard.

This thread doesn't mention any of that, though, it's about cars. There's no need to over dramatize things.

Just trying to be sensitive to her losses, that's all. It was mentioned elsewhere, and I have her on Facebook as well, along with you. Wasn't trying to start drama at all.

Nothing wrong with missing a car. I know you're happy it at a good home. It will get easier with time. Now ask me how I miss my 70 GTO Judge that was stolen from me by a family member over 30 years ago. ](*,)

ACK !!!:wack::wack:

Since you knew who took it did you go kick his *** and get it back?

If you love it set it free. If it is meant to be it will come back. Thats what I have heard and now it is back.

-
Back