Sad news Junior Hockey Team bus crash

-
I watch our local college win the NCAA division one championship. As they
celebrated their win my heart sank thinking of the young men in that terrible accident
knowing they will never be able to experience this or any other life's experiences.
Before the game started they observed a moment silence for them.

My wife and I want to send our deepest sympathies to the families, friend,and hockey
fans.
As I read this to my wife the tears are welling in my eyes and my voice is shaking.

Thoughts and prayers to all!
Tom and Mary

It's a terrible tragedy. I know several people closely affected by this. I hugged my 2 hockey players a few extra times in the last few days. The support has been overwhelming!
Cley

To make things worse the Coroner misidentified two of the boys and told the mother her son was dead when he wasn't. Can you imagine those two phone calls.

I heard that on the radio today. Heartwrenching. Goes to show how devastating the scene and how injured the survivors are.
To make things worse the Coroner misidentified two of the boys and told the mother her son was dead when he wasn't. Can you imagine those two phone calls.

Yes and for the playoffs, not all of the boys could grow a beard, so as a show of solidarity and team spirit they all dyed their hair blonde. Plus all roughly the same build etc. So would of been hard to identify them all. I do feel sorry for the coroner and the family. I have 2 kids, i hope i never get that call while i am still alive.

Leave a stick by the door
Not a Twitter follower but it's a touching tribute.
Song is beautiful

image-1.jpg

I left a stick at my front door....
After the 5 years of Junior Hockey I played and all the bus trips I was on this really was an awful feeling seeing this. Those days of playing and traveling with the team and the friends made, good times had were some of the best times ever.... this is what it should have been for these young men.

My Stick is placed at the front door as well. More sad news as the team trainer passed away peacefully this morning. This brings the count to 16.

May God take you all in his arms and keep you safe now.

-
Back