Sad to see this in the junkyard

-

Projectile Dart

Reaction score
Mods. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.

1982 New Yorker that looks to be garage kept its whole life. 100% complete as of today, I don't need anything from it and sadly I can't help anyone pull parts and send. Just to inform anyone in the Southern California area it's located at the LKQ Pick Your Part in Wilmington. Good luck
318/auto I didn't notice any type of body damage on it

20220128_104136.jpg

20220128_104400.jpg

20220128_104408.jpg

20220128_104424.jpg

20220128_104446.jpg

20220128_104741.jpg

20220128_104743.jpg

Grampa died and the kids didn't have any interest in it.
Too bad they didn't offer to sell it as a "builder".

grandma/grandpa most likely quit driving or passed. Kids just had someone take it away.
No value to them. How come I never find any like that before it's too late ?

Totally disagree!!
It would make a great daily driver, certainly beats driving korean junk.

This car is a a lost treasure to a lot of members on here!

Totally disagree!!
It would make a great daily driver, certainly beats driving korean junk.

This car is a a lost treasure to a lot of members on here!
Those were great cars. Even better in 85 when the roller cam teens came out. I don't know what year they came out but the later ones had lock up 904's too. I see a fresh T-quad. Nice!

Those were great cars. Even better in 85 when the roller cam teens came out. I don't know what year they came out but the later ones had lock up 904's too. I see a fresh T-quad. Nice!

Just did a quick price check online. Those cars are still bringing 6-9000.00 . That car is a bargain for somebody! Wish I was close to it.

My 76 Aspen was like this.I got it after my wife cracked up her 66 Valiant.It had 23,000 on it.The old man who bought it new died and his son parked it in the garage for a decade.Finally let go and we got it.Bought it to drive and we drove it.160,000 miles since 2008 .She's gettin rusty now but still restorable and I still drive her.Here she is up in northern NY state near the Canadian border 400 miles away from home .Put 2500 miles on her in that two week trip back in Sept 2021 with the kayak strapped to the roof and the car all loaded with camping gear. Sure is better than some piece of crap Korean thing

DSCF0361.JPG

Just did a quick price check online. Those cars are still bringing 6-9000.00 . That car is a bargain for somebody! Wish I was close to it.
I agree with you but the bad thing about this junkyard is that they don't release cars after they come in. And to prep it for the yard they completely destroy the exhaust system to remove the cats, and if they're lazy they drain the fluids by just using an air chisel to puncture anything that holds oil or coolant.

I agree with you but the bad thing about this junkyard is that they don't release cars after they come in. And to prep it for the yard they completely destroy the exhaust system to remove the cats, and if they're lazy they drain the fluids by just using an air chisel to puncture anything that holds oil or coolant.

Wow! That's too bad.
This car must have just arrived as the exhaust is still intact and no indication of fluid spills anywhere.
I could really show California how to recycle two tons of auto if I was close to this! I bet I could easily drive it for another 10 years .

What a fu%king waste!!

Grab the 4bbl throttle pressure. Very hard to find for a 904 . Take every piece even the lever on the trans. and the cable bracket on the intake . If you or a friend don't want it I'll buy it off of you.

they don't release cars after they come in.
Same with pic-a-part around here.Found a 72 Scamp complete in the yard. Asked to buy it and was told no.
As soon as I sell off my Hot Rod Mopars I'll be on the lookout for a comfortable Mopar.A/C PS PB and the like. A clean F body would be nice.

Grab those rims as well, they are undoubtably 15x7”, and usually at the PnP they are about $17 a wheel. Easily a $50/apiece sell, or cheap wider wheels for your project.

LOTS of good parts on that, and most will work way back down into the 1960's.

be careful with the wheels as the spare was 15x6 and has likely replaced one of the main wheels without being noticed.

I've never seen a 5th Ave with a thermoquad. Likely added.

Most all of the cruise control can be fitted on any Mopar.

"Police" style steering box
Electric trunk release.
Disk brakes
Sanden AC stuff
9.2:1 318 with 302 heads
Lockup 904/999
6 way power seat track
Bucket seat nuts and large captive washers that eliminate the need for inboard floor reinforcement plates
Dash lights and switches
Power window motors
8 1/4 that fits in an A body with only a perch move

ETC

be careful with the wheels as the spare was 15x6 and has likely replaced one of the main wheels without being noticed.

Electric trunk release.
Disk brakes
Sanden AC stuff
Lockup 904/999
6 way power seat track
Bucket seat nuts and large captive washers that eliminate the need for inboard floor reinforcement plates
Dash lights and switches
Power window motors

ETC
School me on 302 heads. I know they are a huge improvement over standard smog 318 heads but do they really help 360s? They bump up compression but the ports are also considerably smaller? Is there really anything to gain over standard 360 heads?
It's just bad timing for me, I likely won't have time to give it a good visit in the junkyard until next Saturday at the earliest. I wish I could pull the entire drivetrain.
I did take a peek into the trunk and the carpet looked like it had never been touched and had the original space saver mini donut in there. Looked to be about 15x3 with a bicycle tire on it

I wonder if they even tried to sell it private party? To be fair though, the average non-car person out there looks at something like that and thinks (rightly or wrongly) "gas hog".
And yeah, so many usable parts for us too. What a waste. But that rear is definitely not an 8-1/4. It looks exactly like a 7-1/4
rearspotter.jpg

Electric trunk release.
Disk brakes
Sanden AC stuff
Lockup 904/999
6 way power seat track
Dash lights and switches
Power window motors

ETC

I checked the build from the VIN # and this is an authentic 318 4-barrel car. Carb looks like a replacement though.

I wonder if they even tried to sell it private party? To be fair though, the average non-car person out there looks at something like that and thinks (rightly or wrongly) "gas hog".
And yeah, so many usable parts for us too. What a waste. But that rear is definitely not an 8-1/4. It looks exactly like a 7-1/4
View attachment 1715861036

I'm thinking 8 1/4. Look at the spacing of the bolts. On the 7 1/4 the spacing is different. On the 8 1/4 the spacing between bolts is identical. I'm going by your pics of the axles available.

It has a 318 360 windage tray, Disc brakes, Solid pickup plate distributor to make a mechanical advance plus the can cover. Couple hand tools and you can walk out with a treasure trove of parts. Power window switches power locks. probaly a power trunk lock. Inside hood catch. all will fit an older mopar

Standard 5th Ave wheels are 15x7 with a 15x6 spare

Standard axle is 8 1/4

That's the junk M-body 7.25, you can tell because the axle tubes get smaller as they enter the casting at the center. It almost looks like it probably blew up given that some of the bolts are missing. Nearly all of the M-bodies have these. My friend had an 88 diplomat with that and blew it up and another friend had a 93 Dakota with a 2.5 and blew it up. They are trash.

An '82 would not have 302 heads anyway, has to be 85-91. That's a standard car that had an engine swap or someone converted it to 4bbl. The tag in the engine bay says 2V so this is your run of the mill car.

-
Back