Sad to see this in the junkyard

-
Damm! I just took a better look at the OP's pics and indeed, the fluids and air con have been emptied. Look at the missing bolts in the diff cover. Also, the coolant hoses and Air con lines are severed. The caps are off the brake fluid resevoir. BTW, that looks like the factory carb! No red tag to say its an Eddie.
Because its so old and not a big demand for parts (except us!) this gem may be going to the crusher!!

That's the junk M-body 7.25, you can tell because the axle tubes get smaller as they enter the casting at the center. It almost looks like it probably blew up given that some of the bolts are missing. Nearly all of the M-bodies have these. My friend had an 88 diplomat with that and blew it up and another friend had a 93 Dakota with a 2.5 and blew it up. They are trash.

An '82 would not have 302 heads anyway, has to be 85-91. That's a standard car that had an engine swap or someone converted it to 4bbl. The tag in the engine bay says 2V so this is your run of the mill car.

VIn # converts to a 318 4- Barrel. The vin is on the white tag in the first pic.

I'm thinking 8 1/4. Look at the spacing of the bolts. On the 7 1/4 the spacing is different. On the 8 1/4 the spacing between bolts is identical. I'm going by your pics of the axles available.

I don't want to argue with you, but I had a 7 1/4 in my '73 Swinger. Here it is when I took it out:
7_1-4.PNG

Look at the shape of the bottom of the cover. Also notice the filler plug in the cover. I know the cover isn't the be all end all, but it doesn't look like the 8 1/4 I put in.
8_1-4.PNG

VIn # converts to a 318 4- Barrel. The vin is on the white tag in the first pic.
Huh, weird. Guess I'm just used to the 83+ where you'd get a 2 barrel in anything that's not a police car. It also said 2V in the emission tag.

It's definitely a 7.25

I don't want to argue with you, but I had a 7 1/4 in my '73 Swinger. Here it is when I took it out:
View attachment 1715861046

Look at the shape of the bottom of the cover. Also notice the filler plug in the cover. I know the cover isn't the be all end all, but it doesn't look like the 8 1/4 I put in.
View attachment 1715861047

You are correct sir!

See pics below of covers. Noticable ridge around filler hole thats missing on 8 1/4 cover. Plus, cover on 8 1/4 is rounder, 7 1/4 is squared off.

Damm!! I'm getting good at this cut and paste thing!!

Cheers!

Chrysler-9.25.gif

Chrysler-8.25.gif

20220128_104408-jpg.jpg

I'm pretty sure all fluids must be removed before it goes out in the pic lot.
They do the same here in Nevada.

Damm! I just took a better look at the OP's pics and indeed, the fluids and air con have been emptied. Look at the missing bolts in the diff cover. Also, the coolant hoses and Air con lines are severed. The caps are off the brake fluid resevoir. BTW, that looks like the factory carb! No red tag to say its an Eddie.
Because its so old and not a big demand for parts (except us!) this gem may be going to the crusher!!
Most junk yards now a days must empty the fluids before placing the autos in the sale yards, due to environmental regulations. Most of the times they just poke holes in the covers to drain the fluids. SAD :(

Is that carb just sitting on there?

Something doesn't look right in the pic.

It's a TQ (not an AFB).

Did Edelbrock make those?

A friend in Los Angeles needs a 225 slant six for a 1980 Chrysler Lebaron if anyone can help.

One could probably get a pretty good business going getting these cars for cheap privately before they hit the scrap yard and sending them out of state . On a car like this the seller could get more than scrap value and the middle man could make a good profit on the resale even with the shipping costs. People in the rust belt will pay for rust free !

A friend in Los Angeles needs a 225 slant six for a 1980 Chrysler Lebaron if anyone can help.
  • Wow that's interesting I never knew they made a four barrel in those 318 cars I had a New Yorker almost exactly like that so it was heavy built and a pleasure to drive it was a total gas hog and underpowered just the facts ma'am . I didn't have it very long ,sold it to a girlfriend so I never really took any time on tuning it it may have helped.

• Wow that's interesting I never knew they made a four barrel in those 318 cars I had a New Yorker almost exactly like that so it was heavy built and a pleasure to drive it was a total gas hog and underpowered just the facts ma'am . I didn't have it very long ,sold it to a girlfriend so I never really took any time on tuning it it may have helped.
I got an 84 Fifth Avenue last July, Lean Burn worked perfectly, and I got 22mpg driving 70mph all day long. Hit 100 coming back from a show in Iowa, and put 5,000 miles on it in two months. Drove all over with the car, but it sadly met it's demise when I fell asleep and jumped a roundabout. Interesting way to wake up.

PXL_20210718_195723226.jpg

PXL_20210920_203504106.jpg

Damn shame too, I was going to sell it to a friend when I returned from the trip I was on. Nobody was hurt, thankfully, and I got my closure I never had with it's twin I owned more than a decade prior. I would have been devastated if it was one of my 60's rides.

I got an 84 Fifth Avenue last July, Lean Burn worked perfectly, and I got 22mpg driving 70mph all day long. Hit 100 coming back from a show in Iowa, and put 5,000 miles on it in two months. Drove all over with the car, but it sadly met it's demise when I fell asleep and jumped a roundabout. Interesting way to wake up.

View attachment 1715863431

View attachment 1715863432

Damn shame too, I was going to sell it to a friend when I returned from the trip I was on. Nobody was hurt, thankfully, and I got my closure I never had with it's twin I owned more than a decade prior. I would have been devastated if it was one of my 60's rides.
Your numbers are correct. I had a 86' 5th ave and it was a good ride. Had a lock up converter and it would cruise nicely at 90. Not that I drive that fast, but at 60 and not paying attention it would sneak up to 90 at times. Only complaint was the interior was a little inferior due to all the plastic items and cloth panels that would fall apart. Not a race car, but a good cruiser.

I'll say ! Are you going to part it ? I can use the cruise control servo.
This was back in September last year, it went to the tow company. It was out of state from me, and I signed the title over to them. It wasn't worth it to me to drag it home, it would have been a losing endeavor.

Your numbers are correct. I had a 86' 5th ave and it was a good ride. Had a lock up converter and it would cruise nicely at 90. Not that I drive that fast, but at 60 and not paying attention it would sneak up to 90 at times. Only complaint was the interior was a little inferior due to all the plastic items and cloth panels that would fall apart. Not a race car, but a good cruiser.
Everything was perfect with my interior, but the headliner felt started sagging after a month if driving with the windows down. The plush carpeting was still like new, that's deep stuff.

-
Back