Sad

-

Twisted-72

Reaction score
So I bought this for my 13 year old son a couple of months ago. 78 Aspen wagon 45,700 original miles. My kid is very happy with it and what Mopar fan wouldn't be. So here's a pic of it now.

View attachment 100_6874.jpg

And here it is in 2010

View attachment Wagon001.jpg

The last owner didn't like the wood grain and pulled it off. His daughter needed to use a car one snowy day and that didn't end well.

And here it is in 2005

View attachment Aspen.jpg

So the previous owner "uncrated" the Wagon Queen Family Truckster?

Sorry, LOL could not resist

truckster_2.jpg

Old wagons are cool
My aunt had a baby blue one that she bought new.

I always liked wood grain panels for station wagons. It just looks right on them.

At least all the trim was off of it when it was wrecked. Unfortunately the PO never removed the glue off the sides and I can't seem to find anything to remove it yet.

don't get why its sad......better it be alive and well with no woodgrain than suffering the same fate as thousands of others like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 575
wood grain looked ok when it was new but as it aged it looked horrible.

it helped hold in moisture to make some rot behind it, the trim gets damaged easy and the clips are expensive and non -existent.

I am getting rid of my wood grain as well. someone painted it with brown paint sometime in the 1980s and it looks horrible.

I am a wagon fan too :D

Attachments

• net.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 572
Just sad it had a few rough years, when it use to look so nice.

I see and I can understand that but its nearly 40 years old and hopefully your son will love it and keep it alive for many more years. It just a new chapter in a great book.

That's what I used to remove the glue under a vinyl top I removed. Let it soak in, and scrape it off, then reapply to clean it up.

i know where one of those wagons are that is for sale [cheap too] if anybody is interested. And it is in good shape.
north east kansas area.

I guess the plan for it. Repaint the silver and where the wood grain was paint it something to match the red in the interior.

I always used VMP Naptha to remove adhesive. AKA cigarette lighter fluid.

-
Back