sadistic and masochists 72 duster

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
I am calling it this for two reasons. (lol) First it runs better when i curse at it or kick it. Second both me and the old lady's initials are m.s. So it fits. I started a thread for this before, but had some suggestions pics were to big and to add punctuation. so ill try riposting this in a more friendly way.(lol) I bough this car for $800. At first i was told it was a 73. When i got there i saw it was in fact a 72 with 73 grill hood and bumper. The P.O. told me it had a rebuilt 360 and heads were done ported and polished. when picking the car up i found out alot. 1. no title! 2. motor not rebuilt 3.not even any exhaust That is the short list. But i still love mopar and kinda happy its a 72. i prefer the 72 look even though it was stripped from this one. In the process of getting a title i found the original owner. Turns out im now the second legal owner of this car. He told me every detail he could about it, from the dealer until he sold it to they guy i bought it from. all the stupid things done were from the last guy. This guy loved the car but was on hard times when sold. Now this was 6 years ago and thought the car was turned into a race car lol. So now onto the good stuff, well stuff i have done but first ill post the pics i took picking it up.
25160110151060621718531.jpg
24763210151060646258531.jpg

some more little things here and there. finaly the next two are my plan for what the car will look like and my current project. i am fabing up some door panel pieces. i sold the originals to a member for an OE build. this is the idea aluminum plate and vinyl stickers for the logos
doordone2.jpg
stacey1.jpg

Oh heck yeah, I'd have paid $800 for that any day of the week. Appears to be real solid and a good car to work with. Now that I can see the taillights, er yeah... those gotta go. WTH was someone thinking?

Should be real good to build up low buck.

thanks! the three big things will be repaint shark tooth and rebuild of the motor. i plan to have the 72 parts back on hood grill bumper and lights as well as the motor done in January. I found a local yard that is selling me all the 72 parts for $335.

The regular '72 grille is nice too, and a whole heck of a lot cheaper than a shark tooth. Unless you really have your heart set on a shark tooth of course!

im getting both rofl ill have the 72 in jan and ill keep it on tell i get the shark tooth then once it is all painted with the shaker ill swap and see which i like better

dont get me wrong its my daily lol showed the lady what a real driver can do other day taking our road with 35mph corners at 85-90 rofl didnt break loose once

yea i read that sucks bad i just got the duster going after a few weeks down bad starter battery and low oil pressure all at once

-
Back