salvage yard being crushed.

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
I deleted the contact info and website as somebody left a hate voice email calling them names for pulling and buying parts before they get crushed tomorrow. I guess if you think they might have something you need you can pm me for details.

***FYI, I am sicker about this than all of you put together, as I am witnessing it first-hand. I had a buddy come to help and he had to leave because he couldn't stand it. He just stood in awe. That being said, it would absolutely impossible to save it all in the three days I was given, even though we have a pretty big crew coming today. If you want to help, please call me! Obviously transportation and storage is going to be a big issue. I need to prioritize my time to get the most accessible and easiest to pull. I'm not going to spend an hour trying to remove a rusty bolt on a '54 Plymouth bumper when I can grab a dozen '68 Charger doors or '59 Desoto hood in the same about of time. I know... IT SUCKS! Even his yard guy wasn't told until Thursdayday...

If you go to their Facebook page they have loaded dozens of pics. Challengers, converibles, wagons... forged crank BB motors, 340's, hemi's(I assume 1st gen).

They day dozens of whole 71-74 b bodies.

Wow! That is a huge yard and what a shame to seeing it go down!

I wish I had disposable income to help save some of those cars. From what I have read the yard is currently closed but they have given these guys special entry. They are running around while the loaders are grabbing cars and piling them for scrapping.

they are getting 150.00 per car for scrap but still want 500- 2500 retail?..something sounds fishy to me.. sad to see but its a sign of the times... they NEED MONEY and NEED IT NOW OBVIOUSLY!.....good luck..

I don't know what is up with the pricing. I suppose they still have to get the most and these guys are not pulling the car out for free either. I really want the dodge wrecker!

Some people... These guys are out there trying to save what they can from the scrappers, paying out of pocket, putting all the work in from sun up to sun down, hauling it and storing it, and possibly packing it....

And some jack Wagon calls and leaves a hate voice mail about them being scalpers. Maybe it should all get crushed if that is the attitude people are going to take.

As for the pricing, I have no idea what is going on. I'm sure the yard is not charging scrap pricing for these cars and parts. These guys are trying to save as much as they can in the short amount of time they have. Their labor cannot be expected to be free. They could be just sitting at home lamenting the loss, yet they are working their assets off trying to save as much as they possibly can.

And some jack Wagon calls and leaves a hate voice mail about them being scalpers. Maybe it should all get crushed if that is the attitude people are going to take.

That takes a very special kind of idiot.

Some people... These guys are out there trying to save what they can from the scrappers, paying out of pocket, putting all the work in from sun up to sun down, hauling it and storing it, and possibly packing it....

Don't let it get to you.in some eyes anything you do would be wrong.Good luck with everything you are trying to do.I hope you make some money with the parts because pulling parts is no picnic!

Some pics

Attachments

• IMG_150318598689305.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 681
  • 1526773_10152220762228707_1696415075_n-2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_149855021505160.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_150342803745495.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_150206292248932.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 681
Don't let it get to you.in some eyes anything you do would be wrong.Good luck with everything you are trying to do.I hope you make some money with the parts because pulling parts is no picnic!

Yea. What he said.
In Montana in January?
Couldn't pay me to do it.

wished I could live close to that--- 3 days is not much time to even comprehend that yard--- good luck on the save & charge whatever they can get from the saved parts!! Lawrence

Damn...

Attachments

• IMG_151215036421206.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_150259523262610.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_150022606522752.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 617
So the Dodge Boys posted more info on what is going on and prices. Evidently the owner is charging retail prices for whole cars, but very little for lighter items like trim and such. They figure it will take at least 3 weeks to crush everything and the owner is being paid 20k a day. The dodge boys have purchased all pre war mopars and parts. They have saved pretty much all late 60's and early 70 's mopars worth saving. Have collected a lot of imperial trim. They say there is still quite a bit of a body trim and glass in good condition as the yard is located in "high desert". They say there are still a couple 71-74 bodies that are restorable.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
1545236_10152221772273707_1194163700_n.jpg

-
Back