salvage yard being crushed.

-
I am sure most of the stuff is pretty solid. This is montana. They didn't salt the roads until 10 yes ago. This yard is on the east slope of the rockies, very high and very dry. Looks like a ton of great trim and windows. That stuff the owner is letting go cheap because he doesn't get much if anything for it

If interested in parts, please send an email to...

[email protected]

...With a detailed description of what you are looking for or pictures with a price you are willing to pay.

They are up against the clock and have already saved most of the muscle car era stuff that they could save and will be sorting it when they get a chance. They also purchased every prewar car on the place.

Again, this isn't my email. I'm spreading the word in hopes of saving some of this. I I it I ally retracted their contact info after somebody called and left a scathing message. The main guy doing this told me to repost the onfo. A few haters isn't going to stop them from trying to find homes for as much as they can save. They have been going to that yard for over 20yrs. The owner is getting up there in age and decided to get his golden parachute on his way out.

Hopefully those if you who tried to contact them have heard back. I k ow they have been receiving a lot of interest and requests.

Crush 'em all. Makes mine (and yours) more valuable!

Who gives a flying crap what they're worth? If you're worried about value, go play the stock market. If you actually enjoy cars, then knowing a yard is getting crushed out just plain sucks. All it means is fewer cars, and fewer parts, out there for everyone to enjoy. Just makes it that much harder for folks to find that one car they've always wanted, or to fix the one they already have. Or prices them out of the hobby altogether.

And since this thread is now almost 4 months old, I'm sure that yard is long gone.

Haha, I'm kidding. Lighten up.

I was at a yard yesterday and the owner had just recently crushed 1800 cars. Many old Chryslers. He just kept on naming off all the cars he sent away. Shame, shame.

But I will say half the fun is finding this stuff. I just do it for all the OEMs.

Haha, I'm kidding. Lighten up.

I was at a yard yesterday and the owner had just recently crushed 1800 cars. Many old Chryslers. He just kept on naming off all the cars he sent away. Shame, shame.

But I will say half the fun is finding this stuff. I just do it for all the OEMs.

The question is how many of those Mopars were stripped so far that there was nothing of value left? Having worked in a salvage yard, I know there is a time to where the existing parts that are still left have such little value that you must pull the trigger. There was many times I marked the cars to be crushed and we moved the vintage iron to a special location in the yard so they could be kept. If cars still still have parts and a demand for them, they are seldom get crushed.

The old timers retiring and not being able to find someone to take over their operation or government crap that ends up in the cars being crushed is where the big bite on vintage iron is coming from.

-
Back