Sanden Compressor Conversion Mounts

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
I plan to run a sanden compressor in conjunction with my factory A/C components as I only want to eliminate the bulky and HP robbing RV-2 compressor
Has anyone used the mounts from Classic Industries with no problems?
Here is the link:http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/mn410701.html
Any help is greatly appreciated or suggestions to ones that you have used with success
:burnout:

What style are your existing brackets? I had a simple conversion piece that worked great with my factory brackets.
C

Attachments

• DSC01289.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 531
I made my own out of .125" aluminum for my slant 6. Been working fine for 6 or 7 years.

I made my own (laser cut) A/C mounts for the (shorty) compressor on my 426 Hemi. The compressor is mounted low and out of the way in the area where the power steering pump would be. Also incorporates the 2 groove off the shelf pulleys from March Performance and a belt tension/adjuster mounted to the extra lug on the upper drivers side of the water pump housing used to mount the power steering pump.

Mounted low helps keeps the Muscle car look/visual when the hood is popped

http://www.bpeusa.com/BPEaircondition.asp

Heard nothing but good things about these guys.. Probably go with them myself for the 440 truck swap...
Thanks for the link

I made my own (laser cut) A/C mounts for the (shorty) compressor on my 426 Hemi. The compressor is mounted low and out of the way in the area where the power steering pump would be. Also incorporates the 2 groove off the shelf pulleys from March Performance and a belt tension/adjuster mounted to the extra lug on the upper drivers side of the water pump housing used to mount the power steering pump.

Mounted low helps keeps the Muscle car look/visual when the hood is popped
Only problem is that I was looking to keep my power steering so that spot wouldn't work for me although I guess I could go to an electric fuel pump instead of mechanical if I really have to.

I actually really like your place of mounting the compressor Denny and may do it or do the same just on the other side. Hope to get one of your K members in the future so I can eliminate Torsion bars.
I would love to see pics of how it is mounted and the location if you don't mind Denny

Thanks for all the info guys.

Some pictures from Denny

MillerHouse041.jpg

MillerHouse026.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Old Man Mopar for the pics. Seems like you have more pics of Dennys cars than Denny
Denny do you have problems with the A/C being not cold enough since lines are running behind and touching the rad?

No issues....Only the larger line runs near it. The smaller line runs to the stock condenser mounted in front of the radiator...then thru the dryer before heading inside.

My radiator stays @ 180 degrees per thermostat.....same as the block. I had concerns that I wasn't getting enough heat in the motor so I checked it with a infra-red, I was amazed how consistent the temp was....stayed right on 180..... except the headers

The placement of the refrigeration lines will have no effect from other sources as per heat and such. But I do suggest that anyone using their existing A/C system parts to UPGRADE the condenser for a larger condenser (the finned item in front of the radiator) for the R-134a refrigerant. They system Denny and I came up.... I have NO issues with cooling the car no matter what the temperature is outside. Denny's talent for coming up with his own brackets was great and the guys (Dwight) at Classic Air was really great with customer service and making a few different refrigeration lines until they got it correct for what we wanted and needed.
http://www.classicautoair.com/customer-classics.html

one more tidbit....I'm working on a K-frame for HemiMarks Dart....it is my latest version....NOW one K frame is ALL you need to install your favorite Mopar power-plants,.... including the 66'-71' 426.

I'm incorporating the power rack and placing the compact low volumne (Speedway Motors) P/S pump above the A/C compressor.....gonna use every inch of the engine bay if I can.

sorry....didn't mean to hijack your thread for an advertisement / self promo...but I thought it was on topic

Do you want a pic of the compressor mounts? I made several copies of them and have a few on the shelf

I plan to run a sanden compressor in conjunction with my factory A/C components as I only want to eliminate the bulky and HP robbing RV-2 compressor
Has anyone used the mounts from Classic Industries with no problems?
Here is the link:http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/mn410701.html
Any help is greatly appreciated or suggestions to ones that you have used with success
:burnout:

Bought the whole Classic AC kit for my car, wife wanted the polished aluminum March setup, who and I to argue with that.

actually have the brackets for a sandon compressor on a small block that was on my car before I switched to the March supentine system, found the box the other day that it was in while looking for something else.

one more tidbit....I'm working on a K-frame for HemiMarks Dart....it is my latest version....NOW one K frame is ALL you need to install your favorite Mopar power-plants,.... including the 66'-71' 426.

I'm incorporating the power rack and placing the compact low volumne (Speedway Motors) P/S pump above the A/C compressor.....gonna use every inch of the engine bay if I can.

sorry....didn't mean to hijack your thread for an advertisement / self promo...but I thought it was on topic

Man you just making me want it more and more. The plug was fine as it was on topic and I don't mind at all so no worries

Do you want a pic of the compressor mounts? I made several copies of them and have a few on the shelf

If you wouldn't mind a few pics of them I would love to see them. Are they used with just factory power steering pump mounts? Which pump and mounts will work with them?
Sorry took so long to respond I was out of town with no internet till last night

I am Denny's brother and keeper of his photo archives.
Very cool had no idea you guys were related so that is awesome. He is lucky to have a brother to help him and keep track of all his pics

No issues....Only the larger line runs near it. The smaller line runs to the stock condenser mounted in front of the radiator...then thru the dryer before heading inside.

My radiator stays @ 180 degrees per thermostat.....same as the block. I had concerns that I wasn't getting enough heat in the motor so I checked it with a infra-red, I was amazed how consistent the temp was....stayed right on 180..... except the headers
Ok sounds like it would be no problem to put it there then cool. Wow that motor stays really cool and constant. Must be a great performing radiator.

The placement of the refrigeration lines will have no effect from other sources as per heat and such. But I do suggest that anyone using their existing A/C system parts to UPGRADE the condenser for a larger condenser (the finned item in front of the radiator) for the R-134a refrigerant. They system Denny and I came up.... I have NO issues with cooling the car no matter what the temperature is outside. Denny's talent for coming up with his own brackets was great and the guys (Dwight) at Classic Air was really great with customer service and making a few different refrigeration lines until they got it correct for what we wanted and needed.
http://www.classicautoair.com/customer-classics.html

Thanks for the info I was worried the ambient temps from the radiator would affect the effectiveness of the A/C System. Now that I know it wont I will use that empty space if and when I decide to reinstall the A/C system in the car.
Although may run into an issue with space to run the lines like yours as I am not planning on remounting the battery in the trunk like you did but would try to make it work

-
Back