sanden compressor on a 440

-

5.7 hemi

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? My dad is wanting to do this and I'm looking for any info on where to get parts, pics would also be nice.

I can make you custom brackets for your compressor if you can't find any. I am in s. e. pa and have a 440 sitting in my shop.

We talked to a guy at Spring Fling in Van Nuys, and he used the bouchillon kit, but the price was 1300 bucks, kinda expensive imo. So we are searching out other possible ways to do this.

I believe Classic Auto Air has a "firewall forward" kit for an E body that uses a Sanden and will adapt to fit an A body for $7-800.

Here's the email they sent me, I still haven't pulled the trigger, too many other issues to deal with before I can think about A/C.

Good day,

We do not have a model specific kit for the Dart. When doing an A body we can only supply a universal parallel flow condenser and liquid line. With the E body we have engineered tubes and brackets for the condenser. We do not supply the heater valve with the engine kits. We also are unable to supply that water valve new. We are capable of rebuilding a good core if you have one to send.

A complete engine compartment kit for a Dart using our parallel flow condenser is priced at $694.98 plus shipping. Please give me a call if you have any questions I will happy to go into detail on what we can do to get the AC going in your Dart.

Ron Mineo
Classic Auto Air Manufacturing
4901 Rio Vista Ave
Tampa, FL 33634
813-251-2356 x 7022
813-254-7419 Fax

‘

> Message: I'm interested in an engine upgrade kit, the website only shows
> one for the Mopar E body. Is there one available for a '68 Dart big block?
> If so, does it include the heater control valve? Mine lets some hot water
> through, is that normal? Are thorough instructions included? And what
> would the price be?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick
>

My dads car is an e body, so thanks for the info.

-
Back