Sanden pump to a /6

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I,ve been looking at some universal A/C kits to put in my A100 van. It has a/6 in it. The kits come with the SD 508 sanden pump, but no mounting brackets. Has anyone installed one on there /6 and what did you do for brackets? Thanks for any info.

I would look for a 79 and later Aspen, Volare, J or M Body with the slant and AC and grab all the brackets. They used a Sanden style compressor so yours should bolt up just fine - that’s what I found when I was mocking up different intakes that could be used with those brackets and compressor.

and pullies if u go as the person said. plain copy what ur getting. on pumps compresseors that is. condensors same dryers may b diff. but will work. orfice and pressures. low 35 area hi 225 area. u cot cool. o and fan in where ur . u need to feel on all speeds. all works together 2 b perfect. air flow out side and in

Search for the thread on exactly this topic. Many photos and much discussion of the Volare Sanden brackets. Early A's must worry about those brackets getting close to the battery, but a van should have plenty of room. But, your other accessories may vary from a Volare slant, so consider all issues. For example, trucks put the alternator on the driver's side (I recall slants, but maybe just small blocks).

-
Back