Sandpebble Beige, love it or hater it?

-
There are worse colors I agree.Pale yellow and Baby blue.

Baby blue with black is sharp. Trimmed in white, it just isn't right!

The black top car is my old one from the late 70's. tmm

Attachments

• 101701951711[00].jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 451
  • 1972hb1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 439
I love this color as the mid-twenties version of myself. I was going to paint my car the same color, I still may. No quarter-life crisis colors for me.

Color choice depends a little on the reception to others, but more on what you like. I prefer classy, refined colors because it looks better, cleaner, and isn't stereotypical; not to mention in the end it garners more respect.

Especially if your under 35.

Every time I see some young gun riding around in a bright car colored car, I laugh a little on the inside, because I can see the childish attention getting behavior. The wrong attention: cops, thieves, insurance premiums, lowlifes, etc. gets attracted.

Keep it underplayed, our body style isn't one that you see every day, and there is no need to club people over the head with it. Bright colors not done tastefully come off as a desperate "look at me i'm awesome!???" instead of being Awesome. With a capital 'A'. Big difference.

Stand out by blending in. It's a zen thing...

Just my .02.

Good luck.

I agree. These cars don't need high impact colors to stand out. Tasteful accents make all the difference.

I have a friend (who actually does mopar retorations among others) and I mentioned to him that the original color of my 67 cuda was the beige color (from what I can tell, fender tag is missin). He just kinda cringed a little.Apparantly this is the one of the most ugly colors that chrysler ever put on a vehicle as far as he is conccerened. I said i dont know I kinda like it. He says its ugly, paint it anything but that.
Any comments welcome. (Lets see some beige car pics).
BTW, the car was repainted resale red and there is a yellow paint under that then the original paint that I surmised is the beige.

If he is painting it for free then let him pick the color................If beige works
for you go for it! :thumblef:

Beige works for me for that is the color of my 70 and will probably go back with it when I do repaint it.

Beige, tan, light colored cars look good with darker wheels.

Attachments

• 64 again.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 370
I like the beige. I even have a soft spot for green too. I remember taking my red 71 hemicuda (originally red, not a color change) to Carlilse about 12 years ago and standing on the hill talking to one of the vendors. He said he also had a 71 cuda in the show, he tried pointing it out and said "look over there, it's the fourth limelite one from the end" IMO it's nice when a car is painted the original color, sometimes it gives it more character and personality. We restored a 69 Coronret R/T and I really wanted to paint it red but decided to go with the original green. In the end I was glad I did, The car always had a crowd around it and the color probably had something to do with that.

My Duster is BL1 Sandpebble Beige. It is the original paint.

IMG_4745800.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

Back in early 70's a friend Richard had a 1968 Charger 383... Triple F8 Green.
Butt *** Ugly..Green Paint, Green Interior and Green Vinyl Top...

I saw a 1971 Duster at the Mopar Nats. a few years ago beige with gold 340 stripes he had made up to look like the factory stripes that looked really cool!

i like the plain jane colors. when i was growing up every dodge or plymouth in somebodys back yard for sale was EF8 green. me and my brother hated it we also renamed it ohio green. now that im older i love the color espeacially when im at a car show nothing stands out better in a sea of plum crazy and lime greens like a normal plain color.

90% of the mopars Ive owned were green when new and repaint a high impact color. My Scamp was was wearing its original GY9 Tawney Gold and was probably my favorite color out of all of them. The Duster in F8 and will be staying green.

Attachments

• 209005_1760039319015_1180016528_31766718_2272874_n.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 375
  • 3040.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 350
Beige for me too,even my daily driver truck is.Unknown to me the body shop that painted my Dart broke it up with the brown sides. I did say"Do what you think looks best". I bought the truck a few years later and it was already the same color combo as the Dart.
When it comes to the green of the 60's I always though Chrysler musta got a deal on Army Surplus paint cause so many cars were that color. Had a 68 Coronet triple green.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 352
My interior is F8 green. What a color combo, Sandpebble Beige and F8 Green!

I like weird color combos like that. Ive seen a few white with green interiors too. Its cool to see what was popular back then.

I like weird color combos like that. Ive seen a few white with green interiors too. Its cool to see what was popular back then.

Then you would have loved my 69 Superbee. B3 light blue, green vinyl top, two tone green bench seat interior, white bumblee stripe and redline tires with hubcaps. All verified by the fender tag and broadcast sheet ! I always joked that the original owner must have returned from woodstock and ordered the car while he was still high from 3 days of smoking pot non-stop.

-
Back