Saskatoon - you guys have a lot of old iron!

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I recently moved from Vanscoy to Saskatoon (just while I'm here for work) and the last couple days I've gone for a walk around the area I'm living. There are a ton of cool old cars and trucks here! Every corner I turn there's another one. There were even more than pictured, but I wasn't up for going into people yards to grab pics.
These were all within a 15 km radius.

Yesterday.

I reallyyy like this Comet, it had Cobra Jet emblems on the fenders, the cool air induction hood, it was a 4 speed, and it had a kill switch.

Today.

I spotted this Duster the other day.

And yesterday on the way to the bus, this gorgeous, very straight Barracuda passed us. It sounded great too.

There is a '65 New Yorker in Vanscoy. I spoke with a guy doing body work on it, supposedly his mother in law bought it to cruise around in. Check out the cruise control.

I reallyyy like this Comet, it had Cobra Jet emblems on the fenders, the cool air induction hood, it was a 4 speed, and it had a kill switch.

I have never seen one of these before..what a kool car and what a wimp the comet finally became..tough engine but not having this presense..

Yeah I was surprised last summer when I went to MoparMania 15 in the Toon , there is some serious Mopar Iron in that area , I think I posted some pics here somewhere .

PS if you run into a guy with a white 300 from the 70,s tell him I know where the twin of his car is for sale LOL .

I have never seen one of these before..what a kool car and what a wimp the comet finally became..tough engine but not having this presense..

This is a 64 Comet Caliante. My favourite Ford (Mercury) product.

Good to see , do they not use salt out there like they do in ON. you don`t see much around here that is not mostly rotted into the ground that are that old .Bob

I was away for a month, just finishing up a 2 week shift now. Seen a lot more cars in these 2 weeks, but always while driving to work and never had the camera ready.

Yesterday we saw a '69 Daytona wing car in beautiful shape parked on the side of the road on Broadway Ave, and then a '60s Ford GT40 a bit further.

Saw this Challenger at Tim Horton's a few minutes ago.

That was the one I saw, red with a white stripe. Nice shape, happy to see it on the street like a normal car, they were meant to be driven.

Went for a drive the other day, saw a late '60s Nova in someone's yard, then a '66 Chevelle down the street from where we're living, and a pair of '70 International Scouts.

Saw a gorgeous '67 Cuda fastback drive by the Hilton yesterday on 22nd st, red with white interior.

Saw this Opel GT parked across from our house yesterday.

Don't know how well you can see it, but saw this cool old rusty Panel Wagon while riding the bus to work.

My roommate also saw this nice '71 Cuda ragtop at the grocery store today and snapped a couple pics for me.

Caught a few more.

Inside the Great Canadian Oil Change.

Heard this Caprice fire up yesterday, it sounded bad ***.

Saw this bad *** Lincoln Mark IV near Tim Horton's yesterday as well. This thing was cool!

-
Back