Save one from the crusher or not??

-

Shamrock--WV2NC

Reaction score
Seen a picture of what I believe is a 66 coronet. The picture was a distant one. It’s in the scrap yard. A friend of a friend said if I’m interested I could buy it before it crosses the scales. What’s y’all opinions?

Worth a look. Maybe not restoreable, but, parts left on it? Make a few bucks?

Only 2 things to consider...

1 - Do you have room for it?
2 - Can you still pay for food and rent if you buy it?

If yes to both, go get it.

Like swinger said, maybe some cash for parts. Or, maybe it's in really good shape and could be an easy flip.

Depends, they are not that common. They made everything from a convertible to a wagon in several trims. 500 being the top trim and a rare 1/2 year only 4dr 500. The grill parts are hard to find as is 500 tail panel and trim

Agree. Parts are a little tough to acquire. I own one. I would be grabbing it if it was any where near complete and decent. Wheel arch moldings for example are unobtainium.

63BDBF3A-FBF2-4C9E-97E1-0D84605582B3.jpeg

Agree. Parts are a little tough to acquire. I own one. I would be grabbing it if it was any where near complete and decent. Wheel arch moldings for example are unobtainium.

My dad has a 66 500 (it was mine in High School). Yes parts are a pain to find and when decent a premium to get.

My dad has a 66 500 (it was mine in High School). Yes parts are a pain to find and when decent a premium to get.

Yeah wheel opening mouldings are unattainable.

Had to make up a wood jig, then re shape new 74 Dart front fender wheel opening mouldings . . and custom fit them to the Coronet rear quarters.

Very fussy to shape them without denting, stretching, or kinking.

So yeah, if you find good ones . . they are gold at the swap meets.

20200305_153843.jpg

20200305_153919.jpg

20200305_153937.jpg

Had to make up a wood jig, then re shape new 74 Dart front fender wheel opening mouldings . . and custom fit them to the Coronet rear quarters.

View attachment 1715482103

View attachment 1715482104

View attachment 1715482105
Once these cars go to the crusher, they are gone for good. Just sold a tail light for a 69 Fury III that I got at a local pick-n-pull. I contacted the guy thru paypal.
He said he had been looking for a tail light for over a year. Hate to see old cars go to the crusher, not matter the make. If I see unique parts at a wrecking yard,
like tail lights, trim, emblems or any nice parts I will get them. Got a nice 69 Dart fender at pick-n-pull that I sold here.

I see more 67 stuff than 66. Even the hood and trunk are not the same from 66 to 67.

Most likely has a 8.75 in it - and 65-67 are the best B-body years to drop in a A-body. Complete drum to drum with shock mounts, even if it's a open 2.94, would be worth a little....

Hoods are the same 66 and 67 (and same as Charger)

Trim is different and 66 is hard to find

Deck lids are different

Non dented to hell grill surrounds are extremely difficult to find and can be pricey.

8 3/4 is VERY common on 66, less likely for small blocks in 67.
Almost all with 2.94 gear, even 383-4 cars.

Uncut instrument panels are getting harder to find, esp with good chrome.

Non-pitted hood letters are hard to find (and 66 is different from 67)

440 trunk and tail light trim is hard to find straight.

I've owned three 66's and a 67 and currently own a 66 440 1 of 1679 383 cars and two 67 Belvederes.

...and the 8 3/4 from 66/67 B body cars is the "easy" swap unit into 67-76 A body cars!

-
Back