Saw my first Cybertruck during my drive into work this morning.

-

ProjectBazza

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Uh...Nope!

IMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6077.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG

So new it still has the 30 Day Temporary plates on it. Don't matter though, 'cuz it's still ugly as hell, IMO!

(Damn! I really need to wipe down the dash in my Ridgeline. I didn't realize it was that dusty.)

Just what are ya' sposed to do with that live orange tree you're transporting home? Lay it down so half of the branches get broken off and the soil in the pot dumps out? :mad:

I saw one Saturday. I, for one, love the Cybertruck. It's revealing Tesla for the smoke n' mirrors overhyped, over-engineered, under-thought trash that they are.

A more rational thing that they should have done, was take a Model S, extend the wheelbase, add ground clearance, and add a pickup bed.

Pretty much useless. Any much weight and the travel distance is cut in half at least. EV'S are the biggest joke I've ever seen. They didn't go over well in the early 1900's, I thought they would learn by their mistakes, guess not

I saw one Saturday. I, for one, love the Cybertruck. It's revealing Tesla for the smoke n' mirrors overhyped, over-engineered, under-thought trash that they are.
Like "Unconventionable" mentioned, you may be onto something here (he beat me to it!), as Musk seems to be like one of those little "kick dogs" that barks at you when you're back is turned to him, but as soon as you turn around to face him, he runs away. Witness Musk's recent firing of the entire Supercharger Team because someone hurt his feelings.

I saw one of those for the first time, in person, in the parking lot of my cities post office.
Now i know there's one of those ugly pieces of s**t here in my town.

I recently watched the drag race callout where they towed the Porsche and raced the other Porsche. Admittedly, they gave it a good run for towing another vehicle, but it also highlighted how much marketing and sneaking Tesla does. Musk is great about sensationalism and he is a mainly an idea man, not an engineer.

That said, I appreciate what he did in other areas of the world regarding....um...transparency.

There are a couple Rivian's running around town here. They are a little strange looking from the front but at least they look like a pick up. Rivian - Electric Adventure Vehicles

View attachment 1716252274
Honestly, I don't mind the looks of the Rivian, as I've seen about a dozen of them now and have gotten used to them. Plus, as you say, at least they look like a pickup, with an actual (i.e., useful) bed in the back.

I kinda like the looks of that little "R3" thing (from your link). Looks like it could be fun!

Then again, I like the looks of the Polestar 3 as well.

pole.JPG

Last edited:
Pretty much useless. Any much weight and the travel distance is cut in half at least. EV'S are the biggest joke I've ever seen. They didn't go over well in the early 1900's, I thought they would learn by their mistakes, guess not
Actually Dan;

By 1900, in the United States, 38% of US automobiles, 33,842 cars, were powered by electricity (40% were powered by steam, and 22% by gasoline).

They peaked in 1910-1920, and fell victim to limited infrastructure for electricity (sound familiar?), being more expensive, and the discovery of a lot of crude oil that made gasoline cheaper to use. They went over well, until economics of fuel determined them to be inferior. And back in those days, most electric vehicles were found in populated areas, where they make sense.

I'm Ok with EVs for those who want them, but when I've ridden in them, they made me carsick, which regular vehicles don't, so no thanks. As for the cyber truck, I never thought I'd see a vehicle that made the Pontiac Aztek look curvaceous!

Just like '08, the reality of EV's is setting in. There's a time and a place. They work much better in western Europe, but here in the US, they're impractical for lots of things.

Tesla suffers from the Jurassic Park Problem: Just because they can, does that mean that they should? i.e. unbreakable side windows....in a vehicle that's apt to lock you in if you roll it.

but it also highlighted how much marketing and sneaking Tesla does
Lol, so true. Remember the tug of war it had with an F150 and the Cybertruck won? It won because the cybertruck was heavier with 4WD and the F150 was 2WD.

:steering:

I just looked up the price for these trucks, they start at $82,000 and go to $102,000. They have a travel distance of 320 miles but it didn't say if that included it's hauling capacity of 11,000 Lbs. I don't think that there's a replacement for a gas powered truck.

Well, now....

Lookie-lookie at who I came up on during my drive home this evening! The odds are pretty damn high against this, I know, but nevertheless:

IMG_6081.JPG
IMG_6082.JPG
IMG_6083.JPG
IMG_6084.JPG

But wait, it gets better!

So I followed this..."thing"...in the other lane for about 3 miles, and you see that long, ugly horizontal crease that runs the entire length right below the beltine? And do you see how the drivers door is one big flat piece of metal below this crease? I have to admit I was somewhat mesmerized by it, as that damn door vibrated and shook every time this ....thing...hit a crease or bump in the road! I'm drop dead serious, and I'll swear on a stack of Bibles, while standing in front of the Almighty himself, and say the same exact thing: That lower panel on that drivers door shook and vibrated to beat hell! I almost couldn't keep my eyes off of it, it was that noticeable!

Of course I was heading north, and the sun was to my left/in the western sky, causing a lot of reflection off of this panel...

But still: What a POS!

Last edited:
Well, now....

Lookie-lookie at who I came up on during my drive home this evening! The odds are pretty damn high against this, I know, but nevertheless:

View attachment 1716252397View attachment 1716252398View attachment 1716252399View attachment 1716252400

But wait, it gets better!

So I followed this...thing...in the other lane for about 3 miles, and you see that long, ugly horizontal crease that runs the entire length of this...thing....right below the beltine? And do you see how the drivers door is one big flat piece of metal below this crease? I have to admit I was somewhat mesmerized by it, as that damn door vibrated and shook and vibrated every time this ....thing...hit a crease or bump in the road! I'm drop dead serious, and I'll swear on a stack of Bibles, standing in front of the Almighty himself, and say the same exact thing: That lower panel on that drivers door shook and vibrated to beat hell! I almost couldn't keep my eyes off of it, it was that noticeable!

Of course I was heading north, and the sun was to my left/in the western sky, causing a lot of reflection off of this panel...

But still: What a POS!
You two work the same schedule! You should follow him one day, and set up a carpool day so you can assess the features and quality for us.

:)

-
Back