Saw the 6.4 Hemi Jeep Brute in person today

-

Hersbird

Reaction score
So I'm doing my mail route and come across this today...

vbpgimage.php

A guy from AEV lives on my route and he drove this home. It's pretty sweet but at probably over $100,000 not for me. Here is the exact same rig in a Motortrend article
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/163_1208_aev_jeep_brute_double_cab_hemi_first_drive/

The rancher next door to me just got one and it is also white, guess who drives it............................................................................................................................................

Yep his wife, and it looks bigger in person don't it Hersbird

They're nice, but also $40k upgrade AFTER you buy a JK Wrangler.

Finally, a replacement for my Dakota R/T.

I think the $40,000 upgrade is with the stock motor and lesser axles. I don't know if they have really even priced this 6.4 hemi version. It does look bigger in person. Jeep makes a military pickup for overseas military markets, AEV can also get you one of those. That's what I would want and even stock they are great, maybe on with the ambulance box for a camper would be cool.

When I was working at a Jeep dealership, we (not me personally) did some AEV conversions in the shop. One of the other techs was a 4 wheeler guy and a decent enough welder so he did them. Usually took a few days or more. I think he must have got a lot of hours to do them, his lift was always tied up for several days with those things. That was a few years ago though. I think they're as delivered now?

There are some Hemi Jeeps around but they are few and far between. Seems like overkill, that engine is really not necessary in one of those things unless its tuned for low end grunt which I think AEV does for you depending on which options you select. Its really a pass car engine and was designed as such but whatever. The 3.6 has enough balls for whatever situation you'd find yourself in.

I suppose its 'cool' to say you have a Hemi Brute. Most of the people that bought the AEV Jeeps never took them off road anyway... par for the course.

And no way should anyone in their right mind spend 100K on a friggin' Wrangler, no matter what's in it. But again, if you're one of those guys that just needs a Hemi JK...

-
Back