Say... WHAT?!

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
I got two dealerships here that have mislabeled/mix-matched mopars.... with incorrect badge/hood/callout etc etc...

but holy #$%#$% this one -REALLY- takes the cake :|

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/ctd/2643077234.html

Wrong on so many levels... what the heck?:protest:

"As far as I can tell everything seems to be period correct except for a few things, but not 100% sure. " Oh really lmfao!

Looks like a car that someone customized the way they wanted it, and now a dealer is trying to sell it without knowing what's original and what isn't. The Demon sticker on the fender is throwing them.

I do see a lot of people that add the word "Demon" to their ads all over the Internet to get more people looking at a Dart. Demons are more popular in some circles, and they get more looky-loos.

I've always said that a dealer is better off knowing little about cars. It makes it easier for them to look you right in the eye and tell you something that isn't true. In their own mind, they aren't lying.

I wonder if it has a Corvette 340 in it.

correct me if im wrong but a dart is a dart and a demon is a demon not a dart/demon

You're not wrong.

A Demon is a "duster ***-end" with vertical slit tail lights and a 70-72 dart front end.
A Duster is a Duster period, you can make a "demon" clone by swapping the front fenders/hood/core support/bumper but everybody is going to know it's a duster (any mopar guy anyway) by the tail lights being across instead of vertical.
A Dart is a Dart.

Ok, now my real beef is hood scoops. People LOVE hood scoops, so I have absolutely no clue what year those types of scoops were offered and what models...... seems like they're on every dart/demon/duster -- either those or the duals made of metal.

Have we got anyone in Griffin Georgia that can go down to that dealer and kick him and the seller in the nuts.

Besides the Demon was only called that in 71 and 72, in 73 it became the Dart Sport, thank the bible thumpers.

That sale car is either a 74 or 75 Dart Swinger, totally different car to the Sport.

... alls this guy needs to do is pull the vin and decode it to find out what it really is, being a car dealer he should know this.

?????!!!! NO TITLE !!!!!????

Screw YOU

not all states use titles on older vehicles, just transferable registrations
which CAN be used to get a title if sold out of state

at least they didn't say it had a 340 HEMI

actully you are wrong the demon was called a dart demon for dodge though that is deff not a dart demon

correct me if im wrong but a dart is a dart and a demon is a demon not a dart/demon

Attachments

• dart demon.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 143
Nowhere in the ad does it say or imply the car is original. It says "period correct" which the car appears to be.

I personally like the painted spark plugs. They are all red, from when the block was painted. I wish I knew what people were thinking when they built their cars.

-
Back