Status
Not open for further replies.

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Contact seller
10-1/2" A-body bellhousing # 2892484 with dust cover. Has 2 thread holes stripped. I'm not a 4 spd. guy so I don't know if those holes are even used as I'm sure not all are used. I circled the holes with a marker so you can decide. $175

10-1/2" flywheel in real good condition. I was told the flywheel was off a 340 but I forgot to ask what year. It has some holes that look to be like balancing holes drilled in it but I looked through the Mopar chassis manual and the holes don't correlate to any balancing holes you drill for an externally balanced engine so I assume their just to balance it for an internally balanced engine?? You can see them in the last picture. The close up shot is to show there are no heat stress cracks. $50

All items can be picked up in central Illinois 45 miles n.e. of St. Louis or I can ship them at your expense.

Is there a part number on it? I think 72 340 was a 1-year only balancer, maybe the flywheel was too? Price is good on this, should be a quick sell!

Is there a part number on it? I think 72 340 was a 1-year only balancer, maybe the flywheel was too? Price is good on this, should be a quick sell!

I looked all over it and didn't see a part #. You might be right it being a 1 yr. only but I compared the drilled holes to what the Mopar chassis manual shows they are for a externally balanced 340 and they don't match up. In fact I compared it to all external balanced flywheels and it didn't match any. All I can assume is their just their to balance it??

Looking for a flywheel for my '72 340. The shop that machined my engine said to bring in a flywheel and they could balance it to my crank. I imagine if this is neutral or externally balanced they would know and be able to make it work right?

Looking for a flywheel for my '72 340. The shop that machined my engine said to bring in a flywheel and they could balance it to my crank. I imagine if this is neutral or externally balanced they would know and be able to make it work right?

Should be no problem at all balancing it. My machine shop has done it for me. Getting it balanced to your particular engine is the best way to go IMO, that way you know it's right for your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back