• 340 70 Duster

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • 440 70 Duster

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • 400/451 70 Duster

Votes: 19 19.6%

• Total voters
-
Going by that logic, I should put a /6 back in it. And, if small blocks were meant to have longer strokes, then they would have put them in. Doesn't make much sense, does it...

j

I think what he measn is that the car really wasnt originally engineered to hold/run a big block....there is some logic in that IMHO.

Plenty of info here though, it would seem, to make the car do just fine with one....frame bracing, brakes, etc.

Gotta love the sound of a healthy BB.

If you have always wanted a 440 duster, than I would say do it. and here is why...

Right now money is tight for everyone, so you can pull your dart in your shop, and prep the car for the 340. this is fairly inexpencive to do , and will take up some time. Once you have the dart ready for the 340, than bring the duster in, pull the engine and tranny, and put it into the dart. than you can finish putting it in the dart. while doing all this, you can be saving up for the 440 duster poject. once you have the dart done to the standard you want, you should have some money saved up to play with the 440 duster. and then with some more time, and a lttle but of saved up money, you will be able to finish your duster. this would all depend on if you are rebuilding the dart, or just doing an engine swap, and little sprucing up.

My 1970 440 4spd duster had no influence on this decision!

Phil

440 dusters is where its at, the car chrysler should have built

Actually, I am glad they DIDNT.

I think one of the major reasons that the Challenger/Cudas are so expensive and hard to find anymore is that they DID get the big engines, etc.

Had mamma mopar made Dusters with BBs, I think they would be much harder to find than they are right now. Which would be bad for ME. 8)

Its cool to see some of the beauties you guys have built with 440s.

Going by that logic, I should put a /6 back in it. And, if small blocks were meant to have longer strokes, then they would have put them in. Doesn't make much sense, does it...

j

Really..answer me this question did duster EVER come from the factory with big blocks??...

Really..answer me this question did duster EVER come from the factory with big blocks??...
The obvious answer is no. But, the Dart, and the early Barracuda did. The only difference is, a single year. The 72 ( ? ) and up E Body didn't come with a big block either, but you see them in there all the time. I'll never understand the mentality of if the factory didn't do it, it shouldn't be done. I thought that is what hot rodding was all about?

As to the original question, I have two A-Bodies. I have two big blocks, and a small block. I wanted opinions on what combination to do, not weather or not the Duster was meant to have one.

-
Back