-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanatos340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have an old junk Small Block Bellhousing laying around they would be willing to sell fairly reasonable?

Does not need to be pretty. OK if it has a crack here and there too as it is never going in a car. Just going to be used to hold the starter and mount to the run stand.

I have one for an NP435 transmission that I won’t be needing. I’m not sure which flywheel it needs though. Probably a 143 tooth.

Last edited:
And beware of the early ('60s) 435 bellhousings- they use a tough to find direct-drive starter.

You can take a Sawzall to a scrap 904 bell in a pinch. Crude but it'll hold the starter. There is a product out there that holds a starter to the Motor without a bell. I seen it on a few engine stands. Thought it was incredibly simple. Look at some motor stands online and you'll see one.

I have an early one that uses a small 10 in flywheel have bell flywheel and cover I’d let go reasonable

Check out the plate he used instead of a bell for the starter

p-image-http-3a-2f-2fimages21-fotki-com-2fv850-2fphotos-2f2-2f28612-2f2740187-2f392su1002-vi-jpg.jpg

Anyone have an old junk Small Block Bellhousing laying around they would be willing to sell fairly reasonable?

Does not need to be pretty. OK if it has a crack here and there too as it is never going in a car. Just going to be used to hold the starter and mount to the run stand.

You will see the part you need, just this adapter plate. I bought mine on ebay for $25.-plus ship.See in my video..ENGINE START UP STAND PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back