sb chrysler mounts for 1940 truck

-

swingingdart

Reaction score
My friend just got a 1940 dodge pickup,it has No rust and only about two dents...(I'm totally jealous).. anyway I was wondering where I can get some motor mounts to put in a sb chrysler, anybody know??

80's dodge pickup engine side pedestals, use the 80's dodge pickup biscuit mounts,and use a piece of 2"X4" 1/4" "C" channel cut 4" in length. drill the hole in the center of the C channel, to bolt the stud on the biscuit mount through,and weld the C channel to the crossmember.

My friend just got a 1940 dodge pickup,it has No rust and only about two dents...(I'm totally jealous).. anyway I was wondering where I can get some motor mounts to put in a sb chrysler, anybody know??

were doing a 46 with the same thing...

not that far yet

okay well I'll see what I can figure out, he just got a old red ram hemi for it, I'll have to see what the mounts are going to have to look like. thanks guys! (P.S. it also came with an A body 8 3/4 742, I'm going to try to get him to trade for a B body 8 3/4).

saw those a long time ago and couldn't remember where..lol for the money its cheaper and easier to just buy them it seems.

I think I might have a set in the garage that I bought for my 40 Plymouth coupe. I do the number on the box is P4527949. If someone has a Mopar Performance from the late 80's or early 90's it should be listed. I found the listing in the 1996 catalog. It says it fits 39-48 small block engine and trans swap. If you're interested let me know.

This is what the catalog says about the mounts. I hope it's readable.

Attachments

• sell 015.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 141
I'll ask him!, but I need to know another thing now, how do you tell what size it is?? AKA wheres the numbers, and what do they mean?

somewhere I saw a universal tubular crossmember and if I remember right there where mopar mounts available for it. It's been a while since I got all of the street rod type catalogs, but could have been Speedway Motors out of Lincoln Neb, or Butch's Rod shop.

I have a '41 Dodge truck that I recently swapped a 318 into. Don't buy any conversion mounts or any of that jazz. We used a late '70s set of Dodge truck engine mounts and flipped them around till they worked. I am using the original straight axle. It was a real pain finding info on this because everybody said "go Chevy!!"...not in my Dodge buddy!!

The headache was the starter and steering box conflict. We used a large starter and shaved the upper plastic ear off of it and it went in with a little patience. The '70s Dodge truck 2wd transmission mount will line up almost perfect with the frame. We tried a mini starter but had a headache with it because of the shape. I was surprised when the slightly tweaked big starter worked better. If you need help, please let me know. A '66 Valiant brake pedal worked perfect as well.
Keep Mopars all Mopar!!

I am semi guilty because it does have a GM1wire alternator..lololol

Pics..hope it helps!

Attachments

• 652705378_2333772366_0.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 94
  • 652720658_2333826291_0.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 93
-
Back