-
Status
Not open for further replies.

67GTConvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have this very unique dual 4 intake with no name or casting number so could be something made by an enthusiast with access to foundry equipment and lots of time on his hands.
The casting itself is pretty clean and looks almost factory with nice machined mating surfaces so sealing should'nt be a problem.

It looks like it might have originally been patterned off a tunnel ram intake with a different top section created.The square carb mounts look properly threaded and looking inside,they have a smooth transition to the main body so it should flow pretty good.

Asking $200 or possible trades.

Attachments

• DSCF0011 (Medium).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 899
  • DSCF0019 (Medium).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 891
  • DSCF0015 (Medium).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 879
  • DSCF0009 (Medium).JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 875
very unusual....,have you used this,and are those plates bolted on? if so,do they have gaskets?just wondering on chance for leakage.

Thats set up for dual dominators judging by the hole pattern. Mount them sideways with a blower style linkage.

very unusual....,have you used this,and are those plates bolted on? if so,do they have gaskets?just wondering on chance for leakage.

I have'nt used it and the previous owner bought it at a swap meet but decided to go with a six-pack setup instead and did'nt use it either.

The carb mounting plates are bolted on.If you look at the picture showing the bottom view you can see that each plate is attached from underneath with two allen head bolts and it looks like RTV sealant was used to form a seal beetween the pieces.

It looks like a tunnel ram base that has had adapters made to make it a sort of long ram/no plenum type intake for use with Dominators. Last year I built a stroker for a guy and used a Weiand tunnel ram and the base looked nearly identical to that one. I can't remember if it had the name on the base but I don't think it did, just on the top.

I thought when I was looking over the bottom section of the tunnel ram that it would be a real eye catcher to do to it what is done to yours. Good luck with the sale.

looks like an edelbrock TR-5 with out the top half and custom aluminum carb plates installed. probably not a bad idea for someone looking for a little rpm............ carbs have to sit half cocked so the distributor will fit also.

2 Dominators on a LA? Wow, BREATHE! Nice transitions into the runners. cool.

New price $125 or will trade for a vintage SB dual plane aluminum manifold like an LD4B,LD340,Weiand,Offy or a modern M1 or Performer RPM.I could also use a dual plane aluminum 383 intake or 67 Dart parts.

I'll swap ya a 72 340 intake for it.

It is stamped "Performer 318/360" LOL So hell if I know. You keep throwin up hoops to jump through so just don't worry about it.

It is stamped "Performer 318/360" LOL So hell if I know. You keep throwin up hoops to jump through so just don't worry about it.

That is kinda confusing about the 318/360,the ports in the head are either one size or the other so it will be a mismatch one way or another or both...I'll check into it and if it might work,I'll let you know.

I should have been more specific about what I wanted when I put will trade in the ad.I'll give it some thought and update the ad.

318/360 performer has the 318 ports, but can easily be hogged out for the 360. About 30 seconds per hole with a carbide.

That is kinda confusing about the 318/360,the ports in the head are either one size or the other so it will be a mismatch one way or another or both...I'll check into it and if it might work,I'll let you know.

I should have been more specific about what I wanted when I put will trade in the ad.I'll give it some thought and update the ad.

Performer is small ports, RPM performer is big port.

I just want to be sure I'm getting something that I can use.Going by the other posts,it sounds like it would work for me so if you still want to swap then shoot me a PM and we can make arrangements.

Do you send the intake to Argentina? I pay the shipping cost and make a Western Union money order for you. Thanks

I have an edelbrock performer intake with very little use like new and ready to bolt on. I have the top for that tunnel ram base you have. I will trade you even up and pay my shipping.

I just want to be sure I'm getting something that I can use.Going by the other posts,it sounds like it would work for me so if you still want to swap then shoot me a PM and we can make arrangements.

I'd do it just to have sumffin unique but I don't have that intake anymore. I still have the 340 intake though. To whoever ends up with your intake....."Would you like a 7" converter with that, sir?" LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back