Not open for further replies.

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
anyone have some of the bolts an washers for a sb exhaust manifold , I dont need a complete set that cost $50 these days new , I need like 6 washers , maybe one of the short bolts an one longer , I decided to use stock manifolds on my 340 instead of headers

I've got extras, but you need to say which bolts you are missing. They sell the whole kit, so find an ad for them and compare to what you have...

I've got extras, but you need to say which bolts you are missing. They sell the whole kit, so find an ad for them and compare to what you have...
The kits have 4 short , 4 long , an 4 studs ,,12 washers ,,I need about half the washers 1 long bolt maybe 2 short bolts ,,

The only place the cupped washers go is on the end studs. The long bolts that are fat and go down in the hollow holes are the hardest to find used.

The only place the cupped washers go is on the end studs. The long bolts that are fat and go down in the hollow holes are the hardest to find used.
I actually found the hard to find one , the one that has the short bolt screw to hold shield to long bolt , like the one in picture , I found my original , an for some reason all mine had the cupped washers but my garage cats got into them and lost half , and I snapped 2 short bolts which I might be able to replace those easy enough but 1 of the longer bolts rounded the head to much but at least I found the one odd ball as I am reusing the shield as well

1668360443291.png

sorry, I thought you were using 68-70 340 manifolds. Some of those bolts are really different from what you need. I can stick 6 factory washers in an envelope and send them to you. Contrary to some posts, I would use them on all 6 places (studs and bolts) on the driver's manifold that you posted a pic of. They do a better job of spreading out the strain on the cast iron 'ears'. Regular washers get pulled concave and put pressure from the hole out leading to busted ears. If you have to use flat washers, use a thick grade 8 washers that will not distort. If you want the washers send a PM with your address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back