Status
Not open for further replies.

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I was planning on using EQ (Engine Quest) heads for my 340 build but upon reading some more, my TRW forged pistons might come out the deck a bit where it would require me to use a thicker gasket or mill the pistons down a bit which would then require me to re balance...= more $$$ I don't have.

So now I'm looking for a good set of X / J heads, preferably 2.02 1.60 valves.

Let me know what you have and price, shipping to 92173, thanks.

Thanks.

You don't say where you're located, but here are some for sale locallly.

CL ad

I would think a good pair of cores that haven't been butchered should be worth about $350.

i got a set of both but i tk my xs got 2.06 ss int in them i will ship them anywhere u want

Until you know how far out of the hole the pistons might be, I wouldn't jump the gun.

You may be better off waiting and running a thicker head gasket and build it for quench. The EQ and RHS heads work really well.

That seems to be the plan so far...I really wanted the EQ heads to work out so I'm holding off till tomorrow as I will start assembling the short block and will measure the piston to head clearance. I think the TRW L2316 pistons should come out only .018 (even more if the block wasn't decked too much) as I've read elsewhere and should be okay with a gasket of .045 to .060, not sure really. I will do a detailed write up on this build if I go with EQ heads because there's not a lot of detailed information out there yet.

Until you know how far out of the hole the pistons might be, I wouldn't jump the gun.

You may be better off waiting and running a thicker head gasket and build it for quench. The EQ and RHS heads work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back