Not open for further replies.

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
Just as the title says, I'm needing a small block heater hose nipple to replace this hardware store monstrosity that the previous owner rigged up.

IMG_20120714_155637.jpg

If someone has one laying around that they are willing to part with let me know, preferably new. Thanks!

I've got a used 1/2" one that I just pulled off my car. Send a PM if interested

Brian, You should find one at a parts store.

Just as the title says, I'm needing a small block heater hose nipple to replace this hardware store monstrosity that the previous owner rigged up.

If someone has one laying around that they are willing to part with let me know, preferably new. Thanks!

I got one at Oreilly's and it was cheap.

I got one at Oreilly's and it was cheap.

I looked in their Help section and didn't see anything?!? I asked the kid behind the counter and he looked on his computer for about 15 minutes before giving up. No such thing as a good parts guy anymore. If it ain't in the computer they don't have it and can't get it!

if its a alum intake u could get brass ones at the hardware store they take heat the same as aluminum.
thats what i did both rigs

I thought this rigged up mess was what you got when you went to the hardware store? I know it's 3/8 " NPT to 1/2" outlet correct?!?

I looked in their Help section and didn't see anything?!? I asked the kid behind the counter and he looked on his computer for about 15 minutes before giving up. No such thing as a good parts guy anymore. If it ain't in the computer they don't have it and can't get it!

I thought this rigged up mess was what you got when you went to the hardware store? I know it's 3/8 " NPT to 1/2" outlet correct?!?

Isn't that the truth. I always go in and look for the oldest counter person there and if there is only young ones I ask if there are any older ones in the back. I also only go Monday thru Friday during daytime hours. The kids after 5 and weekends have no clue what a paper catalog is used for.

Here is the Dorman part number.

Dorman/AutoGrade 5/8 in. hose to 3/8 in. NPT 1 1/2 in. long metal heater hose nipple connector

Part Number: 500-001.1
Alternate Part Number: 561520

or

Heater Hose Connectors - 5/8 In. Hose x 3/8 In. NPT x 1-1/2 In. Long Nipple by
Dorman - Help (part#56152) $5.99 at Advance.

Dorman Help! - HEATER HOSE FITTING $5.49 at Oreilly.

Part # 56152
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR3/56152.oap?ck=Search_56152_-1_164&keyword=56152+

Auto Zone

This one is longer.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...connector/_/N-26a0?itemIdentifier=895426_0_0_

Thank you!! I'm calling those idiots back. I just spoke with three different guys and not one of them had a clue.

To be continued...

The one I have is for the 1/2" heater hose nipple. If that's the one U need, stand by for a pic.......

None of their stores or warehouses stock it. If I come into the store and order it (prepaid), they can have it for me in 5-7 business days. It's not even the correct one, just a generic version.

I'm going to pursue other routes.

None of their stores or warehouses stock it. If I come into the store and order it (prepaid), they can have it for me in 5-7 business days. It's not even the correct one, just a generic version.

I'm going to pursue other routes.

Bummer.

They will all be generic from the aftermarket parts houses. MaMopar will be the only true supplier if they still even have them.

That is interesting. I called my local Oreilly and it is a one business day item and they don't make me prepay. Only Auto Zone does that here.

Both of my hoses are 5/8" but judging from this photo, the one that's in it now is 1/2" and the clamp was just tightened down an extra turn or two.

IMG_20120714_155637.jpg

I don't have a problem with that, it's not a concourse car. I'm just trying to get rid of the hardware store adapter look!!

Here's the part # I just purchased from O'Reillys this week for a 5/8" hose. They had to overnight it in for me (no charge). It's not exact to factory original, but I didn't care about that.

Murray 84719

You can type part numbers into rockauto.com and get those parts cheap.

I must be as bad as those counter monkeys at Oreilly's. I put 84719 into RockAuto's search and all it came up with was a tail light socket for a Ford!!

Without being there to look at it I think the hole in your manifold is 1/4" pipe thread. At least mine is.

It is an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap. Without tearing it apart, I don't know either. I just assumed it was the same as stock?!?

Should be for 1/2" hose and 1/4" pipe threads. That is what my Air Gap has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back