-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1965 Barracuda 273 cc that I wish to convert from a two barrel to a four barrel.I am looking for an intake manifold either Edelbrock D 4 B or any that will serve.
Thank you
Anthony

These cars are not new or even close anymore, before you order you might wish to check what year heads you have installed. You might even may want to install newer heads that have hardened seats for unleaded gas. On the 273 this would be 318 small valve heads, which are very common. I would rec. checking with a older and local machine shop and see if they have some already done and left instead. Pricing can be very good to help clear there shelves. On early 273's intake the 4 barrel manifold will command a decent price, while the later intakes are very common.

Check the last 3 numbers of the casting numbers on your heads, If they are 65 dated heads, the last 3 numbers are 315, the casting numbers are located under the rockers arms. I have a Edelbrock D4B 4bbl intake I would be willing to sell. It is in great shape and very clean. I paid $225 for it, I would be willing to sell it for the same price + shipping.

A friend of mine has an orig cast iron 4bbl intake for a 273 commando[65-66] according to the numbers..if interested I can put the two of you together,pm me

A friend of mine has an orig cast iron 4bbl intake for a 273 commando[65-66] according to the numbers..if interested I can put the two of you together,pm me

66 intake is different. It uses the normal intake mounting. Only 64 and 65 used the smaller 5/16 bolts at a different angle.

2 things to note... The OEM cast iron intake is OK for the purist but... it is a single plane cast iron pig for upgrade. Aluminum intakes are as cheap to buy, a lot cheaper to ship, dual plane for better low end torque, etc..
Even if you do need to change the bolt angle to match pre 66 heads, better choice in my opinion.

I called him and its for 64-65 and is a sp...wasnt saying it was a racing piece...just that he had one

The original 4 barrel manifolds work fine for a 273. They weigh about 40 lb. Your not dorking with intake bolt angles, choke or bypass hose adapters. They will give good power and good gas milage. The original Commando manifold beats the pants off a 2 barrel setup. It is hard to find 64-65 273 4 barrel manifolds made by anyone. Let the OP weigh his options and make his choice. I'd say he has 2 good choices.

I am interested in purchasing the Edelbrock D4B Manifold as you posted for $225.)).

Please advise.

Anthony

Check the last 3 numbers of the casting numbers on your heads, If they are 65 dated heads, the last 3 numbers are 315, the casting numbers are located under the rockers arms. I have a Edelbrock D4B 4bbl intake I would be willing to sell. It is in great shape and very clean. I paid $225 for it, I would be willing to sell it for the same price + shipping.

The original 4 barrel manifolds work fine for a 273. They weigh about 40 lb. Your not dorking with intake bolt angles, choke or bypass hose adapters. They will give good power and good gas milage. The original Commando manifold beats the pants off a 2 barrel setup. It is hard to find 64-65 273 4 barrel manifolds made by anyone. Let the OP weigh his options and make his choice. I'd say he has 2 good choices.

Herbs has repro 273 Commando emblems for $36 They are beautiful. Bought set for my Signet Commando clone( disguised 340)

I am interested,please advise. Thanks Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back