Sb magnum swap questions

-

bignasty123

Reaction score
Ok plz list what oil holes or what I need to do to make my 91 roller block take my magnum heads .mto ensure oil thru pushrods

Are the lifters and retainer hardware between the roller cammed LA and Magnum the same?

EDIT: I looked on Summit, they show this part number:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slp-ht2269/applications/make/dodge?prefilter=1

...to fit Magnum and Pre-Magnum roller cammed applications. If that's the case, you should only have to buy a set of those, or pirate them from a Magnum engine and drop them in. You may or may not need different length pushrods (compared to Magnums)-I can't tell you for sure. You'd also need the appropriate bolts and intake...blah blah blah...

My understanding you have to plug 2 holes in the 91 block to oil thru the pushrods. And I have the whole magnum swap just need to know what I need to do to make the block oil thru pushrods

Ok plz list what oil holes or what I need to do to make my 91 roller block take my magnum heads .mto ensure oil thru pushrods

I do very well beileve you can just bolt on the Magnum heads onto a LA block without issue. You just need lifters that oil through the push rod. AMC lifters do this and are normally the lifter paired with cam and lifter kits from the aftermarket. Double check or just order AMC lifters.

Order a pushrod length checking tool and measure away.

Rumble, unless I missed my guess, I think he's planning to use a roller cam.

As far as plugging the holes, I don't think it's an actual necessity, since the heads will dead head the oil passages. The lifters in any LA regardless of roller or flat tappet will still feed oil to the top through the lifters as long as you have the right ones...

bignasty, if you are going to run a flat tappet, it's just like rumble said...use AMC lifters, or most aftermarket kits come with them anyway.

So I can just bolt my swap and dont have to plug any holes? If so ill just do the swap

I'm gonna port the mags,and intake run the mopar 360/390 roller cam. Thing should be a lot of fun and reliable

Why do you think that would be more reliable ?
SUPER, I think I know where your going with this question. The chevy style rockers are not as strong as the rocker shafts... But he didn't say "more" reliable, he just said it would be reliable.

In general, the design is not being pushed and has proven to be reliable.

The head will bennifit from a bowl porting and deep gasket match work. That's as far as I would take it. The intake is OK as cast. It'll perform nicely.

-
Back