SB question

-

dwgibbs

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 360 for a 74 Dart... I am looking for low budget setups,,,,aint we all??? this will be a temp. install, as it will be getting a BB that will be built this winter...either way, I will swap out the SB and install in my soon to be newest A Body......I came across some info thats pretty interesting and affordable.... would like to see what ya'll think......this looks to be rather simple.....
360 rebuild with stock crank, rods and windage tray. Factory iron 360 heads opened to 2.02" intake valves with a competition valve job. Bowls lightly blended and runners lightly cleaned up. TRW flat top cast pistons rated at 10. to 1 compression. Comp Cams Magnum hydralic 280 cam. This cam has a .480" lift and 280 degrees advertised duration. Intake is an Edelbrock Torker II. Topped with a Carter TQ with .137 rear jets.
401 h.p. @ 5,400 rpm
420 lbs. of torque @ 4,700 rpm

I don't understand why you're putting all that money into heads and cam if it's a "temporary engine", sounds like it'll be gone by spring???????

only temp in this dart... from one dart to another.... I will use it in another A Body,,, so it is gonna get use........

I say just cheapy re ring and bearing the 360 block, throw some bolt ons at it and a nice stall converter. you could be in the engine for VERY cheap depending upon your block and heads. some swap meet bolt ons and your set. won't be a 10 second car but will be fun still.

-
Back