Sbc vs sbm

-
Is it fair to compare a normal sbc to a race inspired aftermarket sbm? Wasnt the only production line SBM that could reliably handle 4 bolt the TA 340?

I'd be more than happy for others to post pictures showing a comparison in any way they see is relevant or apples to apples. This just happens to be a picture I found in another thread.

I added the red for a bit of a razz, I'm fully aware that SBC engines are capable of tremendous things. perhaps I have a controversial sense of humor? :D

I think there is some confusion with regard as to the NEED for 4 bolt main caps versus the implied prestige of telling everyone that their motor has them.

There are 4 bolt main 350s

Look close and you'll see that is a 4 bolt main Shivy. That's what the bottom comparison is about

Is it fair to compare a normal sbc to a race inspired aftermarket sbm? Wasnt the only production line SBM that could reliably handle 4 bolt the TA 340?

All Mopar LA and magnum small blocks had the raised cam tunnel so that part of the comparison it apples to apples. Your correct that the only factory Mopar LA you should convert to 4 bolt main is a TA block. But in reality you don't even need 4 bolt mains on a small block Mopar. Just swap the main caps for a set of Pro-Grams and it'll take abuse to who said it.

-
Back