[WANTED] SBM Hilborn stack injection maifold

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the fella you seek?

100_5091.JPG

It's a native SBM Hilborn, not a converted/modified SBC unit. Per Hilborn, "no more than 28" were made. It's all there: Linkage, lines, injectors and distribution block. Not pictured is the belt-driven fuel pump and the water-pump blockoff plate, but I've got those as well. Everything moves beautifully.

If only "28" were made, those are more rare than lips on a chicken. Good luck finding one and I hope you have some very deep pockets. LOL

If only "28" were made, those are more rare than lips on a chicken. Good luck finding one and I hope you have some very deep pockets. LOL
I have one, do not want to sell. I contacted someone at Hilborn, and they guessed that they made about 75. Who knows. The ports on a SB chev are not too far off, but the angle and all the rest of it would take a lot of work. I once thought about trying to adapt the 2 piece B/RB ones, AKA make or buy intake port side plates, make a "base" with the side plates and valley cover made, and of course fab some sort of water manifold, then, rework the 2 piece units (cut them into 4 piece!!) and rework/ adapt.

I also had bought (cheap, then) a pair of alike bike 4 cyl throttle bodies, but they actually might be too small.

I have one only it is for W2 heads. I was going to run this setup on a Altered 66 Dart. I did acquire a set of Batten heads from a friend,
but when I got them they have the standard SB mopar intake setup. Pushrods have been relocated and welded and the heads were removed
for freshened up so that is why I`m looking for one. Getting read to list my W2 stack injector when I get the pictures. I did see one at a swap
meet but I was looking for oval port at the time.

This was at the Speedway Museum in Lincoln NE.
IMG_9294.JPG

And not on subject but I have this system for my Slant.
It's not slant specific, but it is Hilborn.

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

I have a friend who converted a chevy stack injection to his mopar 440. He liked the different angles of the stacks and got it for a good price so whatever works. I have another friend who has a slat six hilborn injector. very few made Hilborn says.Have to dig a pic of it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back