SBP to BBP?

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. I know this question gets asked and answered all the time. But I am having trouble finding the posrt from the past.
Question is, what are the vehicles that I can exchange with my car? I have a 72 Swinger and I'm wanting to convert to BBP. I have the KH disk brakes now. I will be going to the junk yards this afternoon to locate a donor but not sure what will work. I did have a 79 Valare scouted. I went Saturday to strip the brakes but found the car was gone. When I asked about it they told me the car was crushed last week. Just my luck, i get the money saved up and they got rid of the car. So if I knew what other cars I can look for it would ge of great help. I just can't remember the site that would tell me all the exchangeable cars. Thanks for any and all help.
Jeff

the optimum find would be a 73 up a-body with a front stabilizer bar. Get K-member and all for the spool type motor mounts. Will make a great home for that 360 someday.

I'm guessing the car needs a rear axle upgrade. But, if it has working front discs & a (hopefully 8 3/4") good rear axle, I'm not sure why you'd want to change it. The later brakes would be a bit better, & you'd have a lot more options with brakes & wheels, but the brakes should be adequate, & I'm finding a lot more wheels available for the SBP than I first thought.

Hey all. I know this question gets asked and answered all the time. But I am having trouble finding the posrt from the past.
Question is, what are the vehicles that I can exchange with my car? I have a 72 Swinger and I'm wanting to convert to BBP. I have the KH disk brakes now. I will be going to the junk yards this afternoon to locate a donor but not sure what will work. I did have a 79 Valare scouted. I went Saturday to strip the brakes but found the car was gone. When I asked about it they told me the car was crushed last week. Just my luck, i get the money saved up and they got rid of the car. So if I knew what other cars I can look for it would ge of great help. I just can't remember the site that would tell me all the exchangeable cars. Thanks for any and all help.
Jeff

You can keep your KH discs if you want, buy a set of `67 Mustang rotors, and have them machined for your bearings and spindle. I did it on my car and there`s a thread on here that gives you the part numbers for the rotors and grease seals. You can use your existing bearings. If you have an 8.75 rear end already you can contact Moser Engineering and they will rebore your axles and brake drums for a fair price. It`s the cheapest way I know of to get the 4.5"bc.

thanks guys. Yes I have an 8 3/4 rear BBP out of a 65ish belvdre(sp). i do like the kh 4 piston brakes and I know they will work for the driving i will do, but i would like to have the same bolt pattern for the front and rear. I guess i could just buy some adapters and call it good. The rotors and pads look new on the kh setup. I wentbeen going to the YARDS around here and it seams like there is a guy going around and buying all the dodges he can get his hands on, even the small back yard stock pile of cars. damn him. So i am thinking i will be able to find the parts i need on ebay and will save on shipping huh? oh well my luck. thanks guys

-
Back