SBP vs. BBP

-

stokey04964

Reaction score
As far as a switch over goes what are the big differences between the two. Are the control arms the same size? I can get a SBP disc brake set up but I really want BBP and just need to know what parts are different? Thanks

73-up UCA have the bigger ball joints,you can also bolt on the lower,bigger ball joints.Hope this helps.

So the ball joints are the difference or are you saying even the SBP have the big joints if they are 73 and up?

So the ball joints are the difference or are you saying even the SBP have the big joints if they are 73 and up?
Yes the BJ is the difference SBJvsBBJ,now if you have 73 up 10 inch drum up front I believe they,ll have the BBJ.You can tell by the nut on the BJ..5/8 or 13/16.Good luck.

Parts difference

UCA...........................72 & earlier only
UBJ............................72 & earlier only
Spindle
Brake drum, bearings & hub

If converting to disk brakes add the following:
Master cylinder
Brake balance block
Front brake hoses
68-70 B-body or 73 & later A-body disk brake assembly
(include rotor, spindle, caliper, & related hardware)

you can buy 15'' rims for both, though there's not as much variety/styles for the sbp

And the other thing would be wether you really like the 4 piston disc or the single piston disc brake setup.

You get a bigger ball joint for the bbp, but the small joint has never shown me any disadvantage, yet.

Maybe weigh the early disc against the newer disc setup to see what weighs more, I think 4 piston calipers being heavy then consider the slider bracket of the new style along with the caliper itself instead vs bolting straight to the knuckle.

just thinking post.

-
Back