Scammers replying to parts wanted threads?

-

72SwingerJosh

Reaction score
I had a parts wanted ad up and I had someone PM me and I gave them my cell phone number to send me a picture of their bezel they said they had for sale. I had deleted their PM so I don’t no what name they go by on the forum but here is a snap shot of their texts to me with their phone number so if anyone has someone text them from this number they should be leery buying from them.
1684424118955.png

Yup!

Just received an un-solicited email from a guy named Tommy, said he had a bunch of MOPAR parts to sell.

He went to all the trouble to itemize and list everything out along with prices, said to send him a text if I was interested....

Funny thing was......there was no email address showing where it came from....and how the sam-hell am I supposed to send him a text back if he didn't give me a number to text to..... :realcrazy:

I simply HATE the smell of dead fish right before I sit down to eat lunch....... :lol:

I had a parts wanted ad up and I had someone PM me and I gave them my cell phone number to send me a picture of their bezel they said they had for sale. I had deleted their PM so I don’t no what name they go by on the forum but here is a snap shot of their texts to me with their phone number so if anyone has someone text them from this number they should be leery buying from them.
View attachment 1716091386
Anytime something like this happens, hit the report button so the staff can deal with it quickly. If it doesn't sound right, hit the button.

Glad to hear you didn’t get scammed, I hate scammers just as much as I hate thieves.

The funny thing is I was looking for bezels and had just seen that old post about 5 minutes before he texted me the picture of it.

You mean like this?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

15 minutes ago

Thon

New Member​

Joined May 16, 2023 Messages 0 Reaction score 0 Location Texas

Rating - 0%
0 0 0

Add Feedback

You must have missed the post of Eric, he posted about 70-76 Gauge Cluster for sale some days ago.. I asked about it and he said it's still available with him.. Here's his cellphone number 706-406-3844​

Quote Reply

You mean like this?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

15 minutes ago

Thon

New Member​

Joined May 16, 2023 Messages 0 Reaction score 0 Location Texas

Rating - 0%
0 0 0

Add Feedback

You must have missed the post of Eric, he posted about 70-76 Gauge Cluster for sale some days ago.. I asked about it and he said it's still available with him.. Here's his cellphone number 706-406-3844​

Quote Reply

Scammer. Was it a private message? Regardless, hit the report button and the staff will get a notification and be able to access it . If it is in a personal message we can't access it (because it's personal) unless you "Report" it.

Scammer. Was it a private message? Regardless, hit the report button and the staff will get a notification and be able to access it . If it is in a personal message we can't access it (because it's personal) unless you "Report" it.
Yes, private message. I’ll report it now.

Thanks, Bill

Yes, private message. I’ll report it now.

Thanks, Bill
I marked it as spam (scammer) The IP address was Denver Colorado but it was a foreign name and spelling. There were 2 different ones. Just hit the report button.

This is exactly why I don't place wanted ads! Besides.....it's more fun to troll the "Look at the stash I just bought" posts and ask how much they want for stuff.

:poke: :lol: :popcorn:

Thieves steal behind your back, scammers steal in front of you.
At least pre-internet they risked getting their lights punched out.............Today they can just hide and rip you off.

I feel sorry for the older generation, to which I am quickly becoming a member. A trusting generation that is not tech savvy is an easy target.

I had a guy scam him self when I was selling my challenger.

It was so funny I had toscreen shot it and sent it back to the guy and he got all upset and started calling me names.

It was the dammedest thing I've ever seen.

Screenshot_20230422_160141_Messages.jpg

-
Back