Scamp License Plate Light

-

flashsuperstar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Restoring my 1972 Plymouth Scamp and having a problem finding the correct license plate light and mounting bracket. The mounting tabs appear to be under the rear bumper and the holes are 3 3/8" center on center, there does not appear to be any additional holes on the valance that would allow for mounting a bracket/light. The valance has the square holes for the license plate push in mounts. Any help would be appreciated.

I just this weekend replaced my light on my dart I'm not sure on the scamp but it is in the bumper. Hope this helps.

Restoring my 1972 Plymouth Scamp and having a problem finding the correct license plate light and mounting bracket. The mounting tabs appear to be under the rear bumper and the holes are 3 3/8" center on center, there does not appear to be any additional holes on the valance that would allow for mounting a bracket/light. The valance has the square holes for the license plate push in mounts. Any help would be appreciated.
The bumper and tail lights were like the 70 Swingers.

017.JPG

Thank you, as I was trying to find out is if the mounting of the license plate light or bracket is integral to the bumper and pic's if possible to see where and how the light is mounted.
If I get a chance I will snap some pics.

1689867342664.png
I like my touch screen laptop! That's a different bumper though.

You may need to wait for @wilb68. Hopefully he has a 72 Scamp and can get you photos. Just in case they are different than my Swinger.

You may need to wait for @wilb68. Hopefully he has a 72 Scamp and can get you photos. Just in case they are different than my Swinger.
Thank you, that is what my bumper looks like. The problem is those holes do not align with the holes in the bracket. The bracket holes are spaced farther apart.

This is what mine looks like, the distance is consistent with the lens mount. As far as the license plate on my Scamp it mounts to the rear valance.

IMG_0045.jpeg

Yeah I wouldn't have thought Plymouth and dodge the same year would be that different. And my license plate mounts to the valance as well.

Here's my 70 Swinger. Is your bumper an original?

20230720_153440.jpg

Same license plate light as a 70-73 Dart - they didn't change the license plate light when they went to twin lights for 71-73.

-
Back