Scamp restoration

-
It's getting a lot closer to being back in my garage... just need to long board sand it a few times and then paint it!!

rear end primed.jpg

hood primed.jpg

passenger side primed.jpg

door jamb primed.jpg

trunk primed.jpg

passenger side primed 2.jpg

WOOHOO GUIDECOAT!!!! LOL ahhh how I miss the days when I worked in the rod shop and had no skin on my fingertips after sanding the guidecoat off with 80 grit on a paint stick. Looks great :thumbup:

Man that is lookin' soooo sweeet, congrats on the progress and the nice work. Now I've got to get to owrk and catch up to that!! Way to go!!

It's just been long boarded using 220 grit and will be guide coated again for 320 grit before doing it all again at 400 grit... sometime next week!

long board drivers quarter panel.jpg

long board hood.jpg

long board passenger door leading edge.jpg

long board trunk lid.jpg

longboard passenger quarter panel.jpg

Wow she is looking goooood!!! :salute:
Some great pics too,
How long before the paint go's on!!
I can not wait to see it in it's new skin :blob:

Nice work man....wow! Love that butt-joined quarter panel replacement, what a lot of work that must be.

The work i saw in the last three pages is just beautiful, You are going to have a very nice ride when it's "finished". Should last a long, long time. congrats. Also I think that you showing up to help out as much as you can is just great. Maybe them seeing you helping out so much is motivating them to do such a great job!!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

Since the car will be home within the next couple of weeks I hauled the interior out to steam clean the seats and carpet.... looks pretty good after 32+ years!

seats.jpg

seats 2.jpg

carpet.jpg

I'm really starting to like your paint color. Is it a metalic and what year and code is it?
Bob

Looks great so far. What color is that? Looks close to the color I have been looking at for mine.

H22A4 Your painting skills are showing up nicely too.
Real nice job sir :thumleft:

Thanks for all the feedback. Gotta give credit to the body shop since their head painter is doing the paint work.

In most of the pics, the paint looks quite light, however, it is quite a dark brown without the camera flash. It's Cinnamon Poly (PPG paint code 2741 or Chrysler code T4) offered on Plymouth and Dodge's in '75 and '76.

The front fenders will be installed tomorrow and one final check will be done to ensure everything is perfect before it's painted on Friday!

passenger front fender well.jpg

drivers side epoxied.jpg

passenger fender undercoated.jpg

passenger fender pre epoxy.jpg

passenger fender epoxied.jpg

passenger fender under coated.jpg

drivers quarter panel 600 grit block sanded.jpg

You are doing some great work there as is your paint guy, awesome looking job. You sure don't mess around, nose to the grind stone!!

Drain the water trap
and shack up the paint
the time is coming
and I can't wait.

:wav:

-
Back