Scamp restoration

-
More progress pictures...

drivers side fender after sanding.jpg

b pillar sand blasted.jpg

drivers side b pillar duraglassed.jpg

passenger side quarter panel body filler.jpg

Things have slowed down at the body shop so they're back working on the car....

inner%20fender%20lip%20to%20be%20made.jpg
p://members.shaw.ca/roberts.chris/old and new trunk foor.jpg[/img]
new trunk floor.jpg

holy trunk.jpg

passenger side trunk frame rail.jpg

inner%20fender%20lip%20to%20be%20made.jpg

You are doing allot of good work,she is looking super!!!
I like watching an artist at work.
Keep up on the good up date's,they are great :thumbup: :blob:

AdamR said:
Looking good, are you going to paint it the same color ?

Yeah it's going back to the same color.

More progress today....

inner%20fender%20lip%20tack%20welded.jpg
ttp://members.shaw.ca/roberts.chris/inner fender lip tack welded 2.jpg[/img]
inner%20fender%20lip%20tack%20welded%202.jpg
p://members.shaw.ca/roberts.chris/new trunk floor in place.jpg[/img]
inner%20fender%20lip%20tack%20welded%203.jpg
rs.shaw.ca/roberts.chris/drivers side quarter 2.jpg[/img]
passenger side quarter 2.jpg

inner%20fender%20lip%20tack%20welded.jpg

inner%20fender%20lip%20tack%20welded%202.jpg

inner%20fender%20lip%20tack%20welded%203.jpg

Look at that new metal,!!
Look's like thing's are going your way. :thumbup:
keep up the good post H22A4,The car is looking great. :toothy7:

what did you paint the tubs with?

it would really help me out...

better yet, what do most people do?

drivers side rear wheel sanded.jpg

H22A4 said:
Yeah it's going back to the same color.

What color is it ? My car is GY9 and Im having a hard timing getting the color mixed right.

use por-15 on the inner wheelhousings. you will never see it but it will prevent the rust from showing up again. even MCR uses it(muscle car restorations)

redfastback said:
use por-15 on the inner wheelhousings. you will never see it but it will prevent the rust from showing up again. even MCR uses it(muscle car restorations)

thanks i just ordered some since i cant find the stuff where i live.

AdamR said:
What color is it ? My car is GY9 and Im having a hard timing getting the color mixed right.

It's LT4 (Cinnamon poly). One of the first things they did before any work started on it at the body shop was bring the PPG rep in to do a colour test for the mixing down the road.

littleman66 said:
what did you paint the tubs with?

it would really help me out...

better yet, what do most people do?

Used POR-15

More progress....

inner%20fender%20lip%204.jpg
]http://members.shaw.ca/roberts.chris/spare tire weld seam.jpg[/img]
driver side trunk pan.jpg

passenger side trunk pan weld.jpg

inner%20fender%20lip%204.jpg

That looks like fantastic work.

I wish I could do that in my garage.

Keep the pics coming.

Awesome job, sure looks like you know what your doing, hope my progress pics look that good down the road!! Keep pics comin' I need the inspiration!

70dart said:
Awesome job, sure looks like you know what your doing, hope my progress pics look that good down the road!! Keep pics comin' I need the inspiration!

While I wish I could take credit for the metal work, I can't. The guys at the body shop have done all the metal work. I've done the average Joe stuff on weekends (like removing the undercoating, some sand blasting, etc). I'm glad I'm getting the work done now instead of in a few years. The auto body industry is getting killed here since car insurance is a monopoly thru the government. The government has done an excellent job reducing the # of hours it pays the body shops for work done (ie: if Honda says it takes 3 hours to remove, prep, paint and install a bumper that's damaged, ICBC (the government run insurance co.) pays the shop 1.5 hours). So a lot of the quality places who have people with a couple of decades of experience are leaving the industry and fewer and fewer of them want to take on a restoration like mine on the side. Furthermore, since there's not much money to make, not many young people are taking the classes/training in the schools. So what we're left with are many chain shops who have one tradesman with his ticket and then 10 or 15 'apprentices' except none of them are really taking the classes and their work ethic is the pits. Yes there are still going to be the shops that do the $$$$$ restorations, but that type of restoration is way out of my price range and the price range of many. I know the shop that's doing the work on my car isn't going to be around in 5 years which doesn't surprise me. Thanks ICBC. :angry2:

Thats too bad, it's hard to find a place that gives you that kind of quality results, leave it to the Gov't to always screw things up!! :angry4:

All the metal work is done so now it's onto the dents/imperfections on doors, fenders, hood trunk and trunk deck.

spare tire well 2.jpg

hood body work 2.jpg

inner fender lip passengers side finished.jpg

drivers fender body work.jpg

passengers fender body work.jpg

Since the car is ready to be pushed into the paint shop, I spent most of the day at home cleaning the interior & chrome parts

clean%20interior%20parts%202.jpg

Umm.. you missed a spot...

LoL.. no way man.. thats looking pretty hype.. i wish i could just get things done.. but im too lazy..

Looks good.

that looks like my spare bedroom in my house. full of stuff while the car is being painted. lol. nice work

-
Back