scamp VS dart

-

canner78

canner78
Reaction score
i recently ran into a problem trying it insure my 1976 scamp. i had it appraised and it came back at $15,200. i went to insure it for that and the insurance company says that they won`t because the nada price guide says it is only worth $3,000. they said if it was a dart they could because the nada guide says a 1976 dart is worth $13,375.

my question to you is do you think a dart is worth that much more than a scamp and do you think you could buy a car like mine for $3,000 dollars.

i really don`t know what to do in saskatchewan we only have one isurance company to choose from, and i have over $17,000 into my car. everything is brand new 1970 340 x motor with fresh rebuild, rebuilt 904, rebuilt 8 1/4. all new front steering and suspension parts, new paint(the paint job alone was $5000), all original body panels no rust ever, new rims and tires, new exhaust.

i am just sick!!!!!

Picture 022sgi.jpg

Picture 014sgi.jpg

Picture 010sgi.jpg

Picture 017sgi.jpg

Insurance company has their head up their *** and hell ya your cars worth a whole lot more than 3gs, its a beauty!! Not sure what avenue you can take with your one insurance company deal, sounds like us in B.C. with our government insurance company. I thought if you paid for an outside appraisal the insurance company would base your policy and your fees according to it?? Them quoting only three grand sound wack!! good luck with it, maybe your brothers in Sask can help you out!!

they said if it was a dart they could because the nada guide says a 1976 dart is worth $13,375.

they are probably talking about a dart or a dart sport not a dart swinger here. ask them if they are talking about a swinger for the $13,375 amount.................

what kind of insurance company is it? is a dart worth quite a bit more then a scamp? i say yeas it is. but that seems like too much of a difference. scamps get no love (74 and up darts don't either). especially the 73 and up ones. but that car definatley looks to be worth more then $3000 to me.

can you show them recirpts or something to proove what you have into the car?

Have you tried to get collector car insurance? You can get the agreed valvue of your scamp. Your scamp is worth a hell of a lot more than $ 3000, it's a really nice car.

Try these guys:

http://www.lant-ins.ca/

Their Silver Wheels plan is excellent and the yearly premiums are small.

Last year, a friend of mine parked his 68 Satellite convertible on a hill in front of his brother's cottage and came out later to find the car in the lake at the bottom of the hill. He was paid full appraised value ($35,000) to have it restored. I think his premiums are about $300 a year.

You need to get insured at appraised value. My insurance company went by the appraised value. Switch companies if need be.

The first company I was with, would not insure my car without a safety first. The car was 300 miles away, and paid for, I couldn't even move it. I had some restless nights before I switched companies. They asked me what I thought the car was worth.

The new company put insurance on it immediately, so I drove it home with a temp sticker.

Nice looking car.

in sask we only have government insurance. so i can`t do to another company. they use the nada guide and don`t care about my reciepts.

it is the swinger and the scamp that they are compairing and both from 1976.

here is the nada link for each if you want to check it out. 10,000 more for a 76 dart swinger.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...m=1052&d=2457&c=7&o=10580~10582&vi=69875&da=1

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...m=1142&d=4984&c=7&o=35354~35358&vi=83159&da=1

i love my car and i don`t care what the insurance company says, it just really sucks to know if somthing happens to it i`m screwed

A Swinger and a Scamp are effectively the same car! Well save for the hood, fenders grille, front bumper and 3 emblems.

So tell them it's a Dart with Plymouth fenders!

Or, get a supplemental policy to make up the difference.

I very much doubt the government can require anything other than a minimum level of coverage. Somebody is feeding you a line of BS. Contact an attorney if need be for advice. If the Sask Provincial govt runs the insurance, there should be no shortage of attorneys specializing in insurance matters.

In Manitoba with our insurance my 73 Scamp is valued at $200. I have to get 3rd party insurance. You can't get that in Sask ?

-
Back