Scat I Beam Rods And Eagle I Beams

-

345man

mopar member
Reaction score
wondering what you guys think is the max hp for each rod, and which is the better one of the 2?

I believe Scat I beams are better. They even have better clearance around the bottom of the cylinder than a Eagle I beam and as far as I remember the scats are rated to a higher hp number. I know the clearance thing for a fact because im running scat I beams and my dad runs Eagle I beams.

scat are made from 4340 steel..
eagle are made from 5140 steel

the eagle are rated to 500 hp...scat rated to 650 hp...

they are about the same price....

i would use the scat over the eagle...

Your pushing your luck with Eagles if your making 500+ h.p. i found that out the hard way..Next set of rods will be of a MUCH higher quality when the stroker goes back together...

i believe... eagles weight 605 grams..

i know the scats weight in at 595

How are the Eagle H beams. I can get a set of them new from a friend for 250.00. Are they worth it. My cam in my new 360 makes its power in the 6500 to 7000 range, I know i need better than stock rods. Are the H beams good or what are everyones experience with them.

I just bought a set of the Scat I beams for my 318 on ebay new for $270. The Eagle SIR rods I put in my 360 2 years ago were $290 at the time. The Scat rods are made of better material and are rated for more HP. When I go through my 360 I will replace the Eagle rods with Scat rods and worry less.

just read an ad on ebay for eagle h beams...

rated to 750 hp and weight in at 695 grams...

if you can get them for 250 a set..i would buy them..

but how many small block are going to make over 650 hp..

i like the 100 grams less weight x 8 these days...

They said my motor would make 550 hp. That is why I was looking at the H beams.

i have eagle right now, how bad would it throw the balancing off with 10 grams per rod lighter if i go with the scat?

good question. i was just thinking about this the other day since i'm about to figure out what i'm going to do with my motor. since i'm going to school for engineering (mechanical) i was wondering how much of a difference the driver will notice with an h-beam vs i-beam in a motor and if the weight plays a key role.

How are the Eagle H beams. I can get a set of them new from a friend for 250.00. Are they worth it. My cam in my new 360 makes its power in the 6500 to 7000 range, I know i need better than stock rods. Are the H beams good or what are everyones experience with them.
If you can get a set of the H-beams for that price buy them. Better than the I-beams. Weight isn't an issue unless you're a "hard core" drag racer.

-
Back