School me on 340/360 mounts for '65 Valiant...

-

AbodyTim

Reaction score
Getting a headache trying to research this. Been a very long time since my first one was put together (winter of '70-1) and my Dad did the fab on the mounts.
I have been told I can use a pre-spool 318 bracket and mod it like a 273 bracket. I know this is because 340/360 brackets mount differently. What is the difference in a 273/318 modded bracket and say, a standard 340/360 Duster bracket? I do know the mount (isolator if you prefer) is different between '64-6 & '67-up. Is it possible to just use standard 340/360 Duster brackets and the earlier mount? :BangHead:

Told you I would be a PITA. :lol:

Do you currently have 273 mounts? If so, it's an easy modification. Just weld a tiny triangle to one and drill an additional hole. The extra width on the other side can be taken up with a few washers.
MOTOR MOUNT MOD.JPG

Last edited:
I just did it the way grimreaper shows a couple weeks ago and it worked perfectly on my 66 barracuda for my 340 install.

Getting a headache trying to research this. Been a very long time since my first one was put together (winter of '70-1) and my Dad did the fab on the mounts.
I have been told I can use a pre-spool 318 bracket and mod it like a 273 bracket. I know this is because 340/360 brackets mount differently. What is the difference in a 273/318 modded bracket and say, a standard 340/360 Duster bracket? I do know the mount (isolator if you prefer) is different between '64-6 & '67-up. Is it possible to just use standard 340/360 Duster brackets and the earlier mount? :BangHead:

Told you I would be a PITA. :lol:

Use 64-66 brackets and insulators and the above mod, or buy Schumacher mounts for your car.

I don't have any 273 mounts or brackets. Schumacher and Mancini are out of stock.
So I guess I'll have to dig up some 273 brackets from somewhere.

And since the Schumachers seem to be out of stock the 273 bracket mod would apear to be the available solution.

-
Back