School me on 4-spd pedal interchange

-

Dusteriffic

Stink finger
Reaction score
Guys,

Are all A-body 4-spd pedal assemblies created equal and able to be swapped amongst all A-bodys?

there are SOME variances, but they all should work with each other...what yr car do u have

The 66 and earlier are different and wont work in the later cars.

Other than that they all interchange with the only difference being how heavy duty they are. Slant 6 and 318 cars (I think) got bushings and 340/383 cars got bearings and a brace on the return spring.

I think the later cars had a different ratio, too.

'67-'76 can all interchange. There are some minor differences like after '69 there was a starter interlock switch that wouldn't enable your car to start with out pushing the pedal in. '63?-'66 are the same. Don't really know if early a and later a's can interchange.

There are some minor differences like after '69 there was a starter interlock switch that wouldn't enable your car to start with out pushing the pedal in.

I'm sure they would've kept a safety feature like that right through the end of production.

Don't really know if early a and later a's can interchange.

Almost certain that they don't, at least not without a bunch of work.

Pretty sure that the early pedals actually surround the column, clutch pedal around the left side and the brake around the right. The later pedals are both on one side of the column. The wrong pedals interfere with the column and require lots of cutting and bending to fit.

-
Back