School me on W2 heads.

-
I am going to make an education guess.
Same Compression ratio as stock and I think I am accurate because the OE head of the time was approximately 72cc, the same as the W2 head of the time.

1 pre production test truck had w2 heads, I guess they found more power. but the accountants won and the production trucks did not have w2s

EPA won...engine combination would have to be smog certified for 50, 000 miles...

I personally find Yellow Rose's statement to be a bit far fetched in what others maybe doing and if there actually trying to obtain the 600hp goal as well as at what displacement? I'd say if your trying to get 600 and failed, ya, you did something wrong. But at 360 cubes, are you willing to run what it takes to get there? AND, are you on the street with that beast? It maynot be what your looking to do and live with. Also, while a nice stroker would make it easier to get to that power level, it will still have that hefty cam in it that a street guy will probably not like. Years back Steve Dulich (SP?) did a tunnel ram W2 400+ stroker and it used a pretty good size cam.

The heads aren't a magic part for an automatic 600hp. But it is a head like this that will make it a good bit easier over an Edelbrock head. Not that, that head is incapable.

I know that Steve Dulcich Wrote an article on this one:
340 Big-Block Engine Buildup - Mopar Muscle Magazine

But that one was just a stockstroke 340 making very close to 600hp and its one that most would certainly call quite temperamental. but its a good example on what a good W2 can do.

I just happen to have one brand new CJ Batten Alum W2 head has the seats installed but never been machined bare casting if anyone needs one they are rare and you can't just order one as they are no longer in business .
H
I just happen to have one brand new CJ Batten Alum W2 head has the seats installed but never been machined bare casting if anyone needs one they are rare and you can't just order one as they are no longer in business .
Hi Steve. I am new Chris from Australia Oz whatever. Do you still have the Batten Head and what sort of money are you looking for??

-
Back