Schubeck lifters

-

Chrippa

Reaction score
Does anyone use these lifters? I have read alot of good stuff about them, but are they worth the price you have to pay for them? Heard they were reusable if you change the cam?

Just bought a new cam from hughes engines with 260/264 @50 lift with .587/594 " lift with 1.5 rockers.

Does anyone have them and what do you think of them?

Thx Chris

They look really cool, but I can't justify the cost unless I am running a true race car, or some high dollar "R" block.

I guess it's a matter of what you are doing with the car/motor.

Only roller lifters are reusable without any prep work. I have a friend who reuses hydraulic/solid lifters, but he polishes the lifter face prior to reuse.

Yes they are reuseable. Worth it if you plan on changing cams a lot or want to run high spring presures. You also wont need to pull the inner springs out for cam break in. Pricey at $600 a set.

hi, these lifters were made for use in NHRA/IHRA stock eliminator racing. you can reuse them on any cam. most stocker cams are of the dwell nose shape and are hard on lifters. with the schuebecks, you can run a lot of valve spring pressure, without hurting the cam lobes. and can rev the motor a lot higher. they will be the only set of lifters you need to buy. there has been some issues with the wafer coming off. but I understand, it has been resolved. unless you're running stock eliminator, I 'd buy regular anti pump up lifters.

Don from FBO Systems is a distributor and promoter of Schubecks. Like the man said, it will be the last set of lifters you will ever need to buy - as long as you stay with the same type of cam. I'd be money in pocket by now if I had of bought them 5 yrs ago when I first checked them out.

hehe chrippa is trying to kill his nice and smoth idle by installing a real cam i think;)
hope it will work out god for you!

-
Back