Schumacher B-body torque strap in A-body

-

kursplat

Reaction score
so probably 8 - 12 months ago, when A-body torque straps were unobtainable, i went ahead and got the B-body one from Mancini's on the theory it couldn't be too far out from fitting. well crap, it fits almost perfectly. going to give it a little trim and weld it to the K
View attachment 1715565866

DSC01537.JPG

DSC01536.JPG

DSC01538.JPG

Can I get a picture of the front of the engine?
I’m curious as to the belt and bracket set up. I see a idler pulley and a double bracket holding a serpentine belt.
Is this a Magnum engine?

Can I get a picture of the front of the engine?
I’m curious as to the belt and bracket set up. I see a idler pulley and a double bracket holding a serpentine belt.
Is this a Magnum engine?
original 273 for now with March pulleys. when you do A/C with no power steering, the PS bracket is supposed to double as the idler pulley. didn't work the way March said it would, but i figured it out. HERE's the link
2.JPG

DSC01409.JPG

original 273 for now with March pulleys. when you do A/C with no power steering, the PS bracket is supposed to double as the idler pulley. didn't work the way March said it would, but i figured it out. HERE's the link
View attachment 1715566399

View attachment 1715566400
can i ask something dumb?
what is the point of that heim joint?
(the one on the bottom drivers side of the AC compressor)
it looks like a tensioner, but it looks like it is mounted between two solid points

or does that large loose bolt not go into the head?

it looks like a tensioner, but it looks like it is mounted between two solid points
The tensioner just has a longer bolt.
Correct-ish, the A/C lower drivers bolt goes no where.

He did some hot rod work. Made use of what he’s got to make to run.

The tensioner just has a longer bolt.

Correct-ish, the A/C lower drivers bolt goes no where.

He did some hot rod work. Made use of what he’s got to make to run.
rumblefish has it. those pics were during mock up and the long bolt was there while figuring out how to make this work. the heims, brackets and the turnbuckles came with the march kits. it's about 90% of what they intended. i've got a few hundred miles on it and no problems so far
DSC01542.JPG

DSC01543.JPG

-
Back