Schumacher shims

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
First off, HUGE shoutout to Schumacher. I bought my Tri Y's over a year ago, and did not realize it did not come with the shims as per website until recently. I mentioned it him asking if he could give me a break on shipping if I bought a set, instead he sent them for free shipping included! That is shipped to Canada which unless you use FedEx is expensive (for any Canadians here, use FedEx, dirt cheap clearing fees and fast)

Anyway, anyone have pictures on how these install? I could F up a handshake so just want to be sure and get some guidance.

My engine is in, and even with the cutout I am still really close with oil pump to K member clearance. It also sits a little low drivers side no matter how much I shift the whole thing around.

Also, any pics and thoughts on Schumacher Torque strap install would be great too!

They would have to go between the metal bracket and the biscuit on the driver's side because they're not going to fit between the biscuit and the k-frame due to the oil pump. Right?

I guess on the passenger side they could go on either side of the biscuit.

I once put a 340 on a /6 k-frame with Schumacher mounts and I just made my own shims, cutting them out of 16ga (IIRC) and stacking as many as I needed.

Loosen the bolt from the mount to the K frame, jack up motor and then slide them in between the frame and the mount.

I use the Schumacher Torque strap, mounts nice and has been working great. Sorry no pics.

I used the shims to center and align the motor.

-
Back