Schumacher Swap Mounts

-

ChargedDart75

Reaction score
While I was looking for some W5 rockers, I happened to stumble across these mounts. Some of the hardware is missing, but I'm assuming they are spool mounts since it is '73+. Any thoughts on these? I have no idea where my Dad might have acquired them, but they've been here a while.
20210214_134128.jpg
20210214_134134.jpg

No thoughts really needed here. Good parts. If his car has a k-member that is already modified, those will bolt a 273 or 318 engine right in. If you shim them with washers or spacers, it should fit a 360 right in there too, as the only difference is distance between the mounting ears on the block.

No thoughts really needed here. Good parts. If his car has a k-member that is already modified, those will bolt a 273 or 318 engine right in. If you shim them with washers or spacers, it should fit a 360 right in there too, as the only difference is distance between the mounting ears on the block.
He didn't even have a '73 or later /6 car. The '74 Charger was a factory small block car. I know there's no spool mount k-members here, so they may get sent out the door.

Send those things to @moparmat2000 so he can get some copies fabbed up! Everybody in the world wants those or the 340 version for swaps, and Schumacher went tits up in the dirt and his stuff is no longer attainable.

Send those things to @moparmat2000 so he can get some copies fabbed up! Everybody in the world wants those or the 340 version for swaps, and Schumacher went tits up in the dirt and his stuff is no longer attainable.
That might honestly be a good idea. I've heard rumors that US Car Tool (I think) is supposed to start producing them, but no real concrete evidence. But I agree, there's probably a post every week asking about these mounts, 340, and Big Block mounts.

@moparmat2000

If you are serious about recreating these things I have two sets of these, both for 67-72 Abodies. One for slant to BB, the other for SB to BB. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I saw in one of the mags (Mopar Action I think) that USCT was going to be making them

I had every intention of making blueprints with mine and fabing some up for later but completely forgot before I installed my engine. It would be a good idea to take some measurements and hang on to them it doesn't look like they will be available in the foreseeable future.

Guys....I don't know that Matt was/is planning on getting these reproduced like some of the other stuff he offers. I was pretty much just nominating him to do it....lol. :D Matt is skilled at this stuff, and he may have some good connections to get it done like he has some other style mounts. He has a pretty full plate right now though, and may not have time to fool with it.

Man thats a good find. I searched high and low when I did my swap from the /6 to 318 and they all were back ordered for months with no inventory insight.

Guys....I don't know that Matt was/is planning on getting these reproduced like some of the other stuff he offers. I was pretty much just nominating him to do it....lol. :D Matt is skilled at this stuff, and he may have some good connections to get it done like he has some other style mounts. He has a pretty full plate right now though, and may not have time to fool with it.
I figured if he were interested, he would have commented since he's been tagged twice. If he's interested, I'm happy to help out.

-
Back